Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bend Over

Quote Originally Posted by bazzfisher47 View Post
    No, "liteline", I'm NOT the one who thought of this. My point is that Casitas is managed by Metropolitan and if they can do this at Casitas and get away with it, what's to stop DVL or any other lake managed by Metro from following suite? I've since cut the tag from my boat and returned to DVL because I got tired of being "bent over"! By the way, I can expect a re-inspection, 10 day quarantine and a $15.00 fee IF i want to return to Casitas!
    My dad called that being caught between a rock and a hard stone. Stick with the JEWEL and after your 17th visit you're at Casitas prices. Go back to Casitas and you're as quoted "Bend Over". You would think that one tag from a clean body of water controlled by the same water district is good for other clean water bodies under their jurisdiction, too simple right!

Casitas, Hemet, DVM, they all lead to MWD. Sounds like someone is trying to make it to the 2%ers on our dime. Who's making these decisions or as mentioned earlier, turning a blind eye.

Is there any legal Guru's on this thread. Can someone explain the authority over these reservoirs.

Aren't these public lakes fed by water supported by our license and taxes? What's the difference between Perris and DVM? Perris has much more concessions than DVM, and yet they manage to keep their costs down. Look at what Skinner offers in the way of amenities, yet reasonable costs. Diamond Valley has a outhouse, a mobile cart (store), 2 toll booths, and a dock that on a normal evening can cause serious damage to your boat. Trust me, I have several battle scars on my boat.

Why is a private organization being allowed to act as gate keeper charging excessive taxes to gain access to a body of water paid for by public funds.

From what I gather someone at MWD needs to be FIRED or VOTED OUT!
    Last edited by ShellBack USNRET; 09-29-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellBack USNRET View Post
    At $50 I feel for you, that was highway robbery. As long as you kept the tag on did you ever have to pay additional inspection or tag taxes at Casitas?

Calculator please, $450 for a season pass (12 months). It will take 18 visits to DVL to break even (use or lose). At $3 per tag for 18 visits, that's $54. My $54 (plus) versus your $50. I hope my precious JEWEL doesn't start charging a $7 Inspection tax.

So thanks for highlighting your point!
    You forgot the $3 per day angler fee as well, so another $54 for the 18 visits.

This thread makes me feel even more content to be walking the banks.....

Quote Originally Posted by HawgStalker View Post
    This thread makes me feel even more content to be walking the banks.....
    I know, glad i dont have a boat.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    I know, glad i dont have a boat.
    Actually it makes me love Perris even more.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by bassgrabber1 View Post
    Actually it makes me love Perris even more.....lol
    I think a lot more guys are going to be "loving" Lake Perris even more in the very near future....so long DVL, it's been fun (and expensive)....

The guy at the gate told me that at some point in the future all these lake will be on the same computer system and the tags will be good from one to the other. That will also mean that if you get turned away at DVL that you would not be able to go to perris and get in. You CF# will be in the system and report your current status.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567