Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bend Over

Default Bend Over

Went to DVL Yesterday Afternoon and Stan informed me that Starting Oct 1 , There will
    be a Charge of $ 3.00 for the Tag That Lets You come back to the Lake so you don't
    have to have the Boat checked again. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP

Well that's just ridiculous, it should be the other way around, reward people for trying to keep the mussels out and charge for inspections. Looks to me like this is just a money making thing.

I say everyone boycott the lake!

Better yet. Don't tag boat, next time you go just make sure boat is dry and will pass inspection. They hella hate inspecting boats and we have to wait in line anyhow.

If this is true, it is BS. Everyone should let Megan at Last Chance know we won't stand for it - she gets things done! (Sorry Megan, not trying to make more work for you, but you are Awesome.) 400 and something dollars for the year isn't enough???

I am just going to Make Sure My Boat Is High and Dry let
    them Inspect it each and every time I go I have Never Not Passed..

Wow...you guys are up in arms about a 3 dollar charge for a tag? Thats totally fine....You wait in line with other "frugal" individuals for 90 minutes to get inspected. I'll hit the water quick and be culling by the time you fire up your motor and off the water eating lunch at Yellow Basket by the time you get your 3rd fish. :-)

I mean, really, there are worse things...

Im grateful we can even still fish DVL these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Wow...you guys are up in arms about a 3 dollar charge for a tag? Thats totally fine....You wait in line with other "frugal" individuals for 90 minutes to get inspected. I'll hit the water quick and be culling by the time you fire up your motor and off the water eating lunch at Yellow Basket by the time you get your 3rd fish. :-)

$3 adds up really quick bro when you up 1-2 days a week. Put that on top of the $450 season pass and $3 entry on top of that and it gets pretty damn expensive.

If they explained the reason for it, people might understand the need for the fee. The place is getting plenty of business. Seems ridiculous a fee for something simple like that that helps keep the lake free of Quaggas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post

I call BS, it has never taken over 5 minutes for me. If you are there early enough, the inspection is done IN LINE. So again, I call BS.

As far as the fee, yeah it seems a little weird that if you plan to bring your boat back to DVL, you shouldn't be penalized since in my eyes no inspection = less work for the employees there. And putting a tag on takes 10 seconds.
    Last edited by TopwaterTony; 09-23-2011 at 05:26 PM.

I guess I will have my boat inspected every time then, it won't be worth it. Then you can chose any lake, when ever!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast