Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 12lb 28 in. Carp caught at Corona lake 09/19/11

Default 12lb 28 in. Carp caught at Corona lake 09/19/11

I went fishing on Monday for the 24 hr fishing special they have right now. I got there at about 5 pm and left at 4 pm the next day. I was fishing from my float tube by the trees south east of the lake most of the time. I caught 11 catfish and 1 carp and lost about 8 cats due to the structure all caught on pieces of mackerel dip in wild hog. Most were caught at night and day fishing was very slow. The carp was caught in the morning on the south side of the lake on the shore when I was sleeping in my car on mackerel. I will post pic soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg_2_23.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	33051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carp2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	33052  
    Last edited by must44; 09-22-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Nice carp!! Was the bite consisted on the catfish o no?

Thanks catfish. They were biting all night, I finally call it a night at 3am. What also help was that I was the only one in that area.

nice, last week that i went was pretty slow. Fish here and there every 45 mins or so. We still caught 15. We lost so many fish too. It sucks that the fish get stuck in the structure!!!