Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frog fishing Perris Wednesday session.

Default Frog fishing Perris Wednesday session.

Steve and I went out from 1:30 till 6:30....its getting dark earlier now. We hit our usual spot at first for no love. We then hit the east end and found some fish but not like it has been....the normal dinks are now gone and better quality fish are coming into the shallows. I caught 1 on a 9" worm and Steve on a fluke but still wasn't the bite I was looking for. The whole yime that we were on the Eastend , we kept seeing huge crashes on the surface of the grass mats. So I decided to throw on a frog and man it payed off!!! I was getting blown up on every 3rd cast or so. I lost a huge bucket mouth......I set the hook and he surfaced and his mouth was huge!! He then took me down into the grass and snapped me off...took the frog and all. I was using 10lbs test and wasn't prepared for frog fishing so when I caught another fish I took my time and loosened thedrag......needless to say it took like almost 10 minutes to get him oput of the grass. I had a total of about 5 blowups in a matter of 30 minutes......that there is some fun fishing! Oh the water was 81*.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 9-21-11 003.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	33025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 9-21-11 004.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	33026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 9-21-11 001.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	33027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 9-21-11 005.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	33028Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 9-21-11 002.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	33029

Nice work James and Steve! 10lbs and snapped? DANG! Looks like I need to up my line from 4lbs to at least 8lbs for these possible monsters' hookups. One of them destroyed my pole earlier, and that pole wasn't aiming for them either. Frog heh? Got to get one for the fun of trying. Not my thing to use plastics. Maybe searching for a few live ones in the Santa Ana later..frog hunting time!

Nice report! I love fishing topwater frogs.....

I gotta get to Perris!

James & Steve on the prowl. WTG! Been out of town for awhile but nice to see LP still kickin out LMB. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can finally get out to the lake.

Jeff....in the next few weeks Fall will be in full swing....you will be catching some pigs then. Let me know when you wanna go out and we will plan it. Call me brutha when you are ready.

You got it. Maybe next week.

Good to see the east end coming back. I had a lot of fun on that end earlier this year.
    Glad you are still having fun out there and trying all kinds of things to get the bite.

8. Default

Frog fishing is the BEST! Would love to see you guys out there sometime

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Frog fishing is the BEST! Would love to see you guys out there sometime
    Yeah dude....I haven't seen you in a while. Have you been out go Perris?

10. Default

Haven't been back in almost 2 months. Was only getting dinks from the shore, fun, but not much size to 'em. I think I need a tube to get in on the action.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast