Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sat 4/21 boat report npt,lbc,PICS

Default Sat 4/21 boat report npt,lbc,PICS

Hello all we went out on sat satrted out in newport harbor for a few catches then headed out to lbc to the break wall .On the way out to the wall we had motor trouble so I ended up rebuilding the carb out on the sea haha I allways carry a full tool bag every trip ...good thing .That was the quickest floating rebuild I have ever done .Had some nice dirt blockage .Well after that we got to the wall and it was still glassy and man the wall gave it up again !!!!We scored some of the biggest fish we have ever caught at the wall of all species .I also caught what looked like a big slug I have not ever caught one before and dont know what it is ?I thought I had seaweed on my line and pulled out a slug haha I actually hooked it in its mouth not a snag I was jigging and it grabbed my bait .Anybody know what it is ??Well here are some pics enjoy ..Ps sammy the seal was napping in my pals sailboat so we got a great shot of him :wink: I only posted a few pics I ended taking around 40.The last pic has to be a new bass record!!

Nice report and great pics as always.

That thing you caught is a Sea Cucumber.

Go ahead and take a bite. Yummy......... j/k

Thanks one leg I actually bet my pal it was a sea cucumber that was the 1st thing I said hahah guess watching discovery channel paid off! :D

Nice report once again POSTAL!!!!!

I have to agree with one_leg you caught is a Sea Cucumber....

hope to meet you someday in Newport Bay........

sonarbp

I used to clean the hull of that boat with the sea lion on it.

Forget about the sea squirt. Look at those fish you caught!!!!

Maybe it was the fuel on your hands that attracted all them fish.

Lucky you are good with engines. Could have ended up on the jetty.

Thanks guys I actually forgot to add I had the biggest cabby I have ever caught .That sucker hit my bait like a ton of bricks and started winding out my drag !!!I only had 6lb test so I was trying to go easy be he kept headin for the rocks and I was just trying to keep him out of the rocks .After a 5 min battle everytime he saw the boat he dashed again and the last dash I fought back to hard and lost him...my line snapped :cry:I guess the fuel on the hands was the fish attractor of the day I have plenty if anybody wants to buy some !! :wink:

Hey Postal,
    Where is the trolling Motor ??? Thought I would see it for sure. Anyway, nice report. Looks like you guys killed them that day..

Later (Fresh One) Mike...

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    I used to clean the hull of that boat with the sea lion on it.

Forget about the sea squirt. Look at those fish you caught!!!!

Maybe it was the fuel on your hands that attracted all them fish.

Lucky you are good with engines. Could have ended up on the jetty.
    haha true It was a good day the cucumber made it haha.Ya I have been working on boats ,cars .jetskis for over 15 years and love it .My fav boat I built eng's for is a 40 ft lightning tripple 502's w'8-71 blowers vroommmm :twisted: Here is a pic of my 16 ft colbalt .I saved her from the junkyard stripped it down to hull and only glass .New floors,wiring ,drive,freshwater gimble .tanks lines well everything ,best of all yanked the 4 banger glassed in new pedastals and put in a 355 sbc =70 mph 16 footer :twisted: Forgot to add she is a 1984 !

Way to go! Were you guys using live bait?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh One !!!
    Hey Postal,
    Where is the trolling Motor ??? Thought I would see it for sure. Anyway, nice report. Looks like you guys killed them that day..

Later (Fresh One) Mike...
    Its on there I swear haha .every pic of my I was sitting in front of the motor it was mounted behind me so its blocked in the pics ..I will have to post a pic of my whole fishing set up now its allmost complete !! :wink:
    And brian gsc we only use gulp baits on my boat haha catch way more fish than real bait .
    There was a boat just down from us on the wall they were using squid and not catching much at all!!!We kept pulling them in one after another laughing every time as the guys were looking over at us every time we were yelling pulling them in one after another hahaha !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast