Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: "Fire Power" S.W.A.T. Launches Major Offensive 9/17/11 - Plus FIVE Bonus Report!

Great report, as always, Arturo..Really glad Shimano was so cool in replacing your rod, Frank. And how about that Robert, eh?..a class act all around...I'll never forget the other day when we spotted Robert in the surf... me in such a hurry to save him the trouble of working the stretch we three had just covered for nada...and then him reporting: In just a half hour he'd picked up two shorts...and a legal! Jeesh, how humbling...

Roberto, you got that A.O. locked down as if it was your backyard bro. You know exactly where the good fish are. We learned a couple things last time we went...but you sir, go right up to their door and knock on it. Good job man.

Arturito, I finally bought the Prince concert tickets you keep bugging me about, along with the "moonlight haze" eye shadow you told me to get you...whats this for? BAHAHA.

good job out there bro, those legals dont like us very much they tend to avoid us at that spot lol.

Jerrito, good to see you hitting the surf bro! we miss ya!

Nice catches I wish I could of made it out there with you guys today looked like an awesome day for a red tide day.

Arthur,
    It is always a pleasure to fish with you...
    I envy the verve you have, for the small things in life that most of us do not realize are right in front of our eyes.
    It was also my first time seeing the red tide glowing, or at least was brought to my attention, it was very cool seeing the surf get lit up. I wish I could have seen a fish swin through and slice the light, like a reverse meteor.
    Again, you are always welcomed to any bounty that I am fortunate enough to get from the ocean. My Prayers have been plentiful lately...
    How do you know how my back feels!?! I guess I won't be getting a Oscar any time soon.
    I always want my friends, and family, to have better than me.
    Thank You for the invite!

Jerry,
    It was good seeing you again. I kinda forgot what you looked like...
    I enjoyed our talks in the surf and am envious of all your years fishing the surf.
    I know you wanted some legals, as we all do, but you still had a productive day, none the less.
    The one that got away................................I'll let you tell it...
    Take Care Bro, I look forward to the next time.

To "All" My Fishing Friends, Have A Good One!!!

Robert
    <><

Great job guys, way to slay once again

Nick

Arthur,

I've always marveled at your SWAT reports and this one is no different. What a great day you guys had. Seeing the glow of the red tide and then hitting the beach with Good Friends and onece again bringing some very nice catches to the beach.

Great job guys!

The KoC is in two weeks and then I'll be back to the surf in search of a PB flattie of my own.

Robert/ Arthur,

Thanks for the good times my friends. Really enjoyed sharing the water with you guys. Looking forward to getting back out there when Arthur gets back but if the tides and swell are looking good next week you might be hearing from me Robert. Arthur thanks again for everything. My pugs were crazy about you especially Shyla (my female pug). She doesn’t drop a load like that for just anyone…LOL.

Robert thanks for being a great host, you really have that area dialed in my friend. It is crazy that I live on the same street you lived on when you were a kid. I feel blessed to have found surf fishing at a young age but it took me a long time to get things figured out. You are way ahead of the game my friend.

Kind of off topic but I remember one time I had this bad dream that I had never fished before but I had just found out about fishing and loved it. I was hooked but I was really old and I had no more time left. I remember dreaming WHY!!! WHY!! Couldn’t I have found about this as a child. I could have enjoyed it for a life time. Well thankfully that it was all a dream but if it were reality better late than never.

Anyways on to the fishing. Yesterday you had to work for bites but the fish were certainly there including a few HEAVY HITTERS believed to be members of the group responsible for several recent gray light attacks which have resulted in defeat and loss of weapons for a few SWAT members. With that being said a rookie mistake and a failure to take my own advice cost me some fish today. My first 3 fish spit the hook. Check your hooks to make sure they are sharp right?... Nope just kept fishing and finally got a couple shorties to stick.. Then I got that BIG strike. This was what we were looking for and just as the fish begins to take drag it my goes slack as felt my lure pull loose.. NOOO!

5 minutes later I get hit hard again but this time the fish stuck. It started swimming straight out peeling line fast. I was confident my line would hold. I held my rod high to keep pressure on the fish and then it hit me that I still had the stock Owner hooks on the lure. I knew the hooks would not stand up to the pressure being applied. so I dropped my rod tip a little to try to back off the pressure on the fish and while doing so “I said I still have the stock hooks on” then my line went slack once again I felt the kick of my lure pulling back but nothing else….NOOOOOOO!

Arthur looked at my hooks to find in addition to being dull the middle hook had been bent like a paper clip. This is not the first or even the second time that I have lost a nice fish because the stock hooks bent out but it will be the last. I knew better than to trust the stock hooks. I wanted to stick with the same lure because it was getting bit so I changed my hooks on the spot over to extra wide gaps which I should have done to begin with. I caught a couple of shorts and a butter fly ray after the hook change but that was it. Arthur took a picture of my damaged hook. Time to order more new hooks..

I’ll back looking for even more redemption then before.

JerryG
    Last edited by jerryG; 10-06-2011 at 10:27 AM.

WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Swat rules the beaches!!!

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Another fantastic bonus report Art.
    Damn Robert, you've been on a tear bro.
    Jerry, miss fishing with ya buddy.

Arthur, I noticed something on this pic. A Lady's Rolex and check out that ROCK on the Iron Chef's finger. Is there something you wanna tell me???
    You sure know how to spoil a girl.
    Good eye Phuong. I heard some rumors but can't elaborate. Maybe the Commander can confirm or dispel the rumors.

Another great session by SWAT, did any of you guys fish this past weekend? Didn't see any SWAT reports. Went to Castaic and got skunked. Should have fished with Uncle Bob. Hey Art, the next time you head to Lake San Antonio with T/O, I'm down for the drive bro.

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Another big day for you guys. And Robert is on his own planet this year.

Well Arthur ? I have the weekend open, a full tank of gas and what ever they said in the Blues Brothers movie when they went on attack.

Make room for one more down there. Robert, Bones, Terry, Sid or any of you other SWAT team members PM me if you are getting out this weekend.

Again congrats for another great outting
    Thanks Bill, I can't keep up with your excursions anymore... Living the life, good for you.
    I'll try to get back in town sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Another fantastic bonus report Art.
    Damn Robert, you've been on a tear bro.
    Jerry, miss fishing with ya buddy.

Arthur, I noticed something on this pic. A Lady's Rolex and check out that ROCK on the Iron Chef's finger. Is there something you wanna tell me???
    You sure know how to spoil a girl.
    Well Phuong, you don't miss much bro...
    The Rolex is Lynn's 30th birthday present to "herself"... a few years back.
    As for the "rock"... I plead the Fifth!

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    Great report, as always, Arturo..Really glad Shimano was so cool in replacing your rod, Frank. And how about that Robert, eh?..a class act all around...I'll never forget the other day when we spotted Robert in the surf... me in such a hurry to save him the trouble of working the stretch we three had just covered for nada...and then him reporting: In just a half hour he'd picked up two shorts...and a legal! Jeesh, how humbling...
    You're hilarious Sid. We worked the heck out of that spot and moved on... Robert drops in and hammers them for two shorts & a legal in 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Roberto, you got that A.O. locked down as if it was your backyard bro. You know exactly where the good fish are. We learned a couple things last time we went...but you sir, go right up to their door and knock on it. Good job man.

Arturito, I finally bought the Prince concert tickets you keep bugging me about, along with the "moonlight haze" eye shadow you told me to get you...whats this for? BAHAHA.

good job out there bro, those legals dont like us very much they tend to avoid us at that spot lol.

Jerrito, good to see you hitting the surf bro! we miss ya!
    Hey, can I trade in the Prince tickets for Justin Bieber's tickets?
    Good luck tomorrow fishing with Robert bro... I'll try to get back in town next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ToadsToadsOnly View Post
    Nice catches I wish I could of made it out there with you guys today looked like an awesome day for a red tide day.
    Been awhile since we hit the sand together Jonathan. But you've been holding your own and tearing it up everywhere lately. Keep it up bro!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Arthur,
    It is always a pleasure to fish with you...
    I envy the verve you have, for the small things in life that most of us do not realize are right in front of our eyes.
    It was also my first time seeing the red tide glowing, or at least was brought to my attention, it was very cool seeing the surf get lit up. I wish I could have seen a fish swin through and slice the light, like a reverse meteor.
    Again, you are always welcomed to any bounty that I am fortunate enough to get from the ocean. My Prayers have been plentiful lately...
    How do you know how my back feels!?! I guess I won't be getting a Oscar any time soon.
    I always want my friends, and family, to have better than me.
    Thank You for the invite!

Jerry,
    It was good seeing you again. I kinda forgot what you looked like...
    I enjoyed our talks in the surf and am envious of all your years fishing the surf.
    I know you wanted some legals, as we all do, but you still had a productive day, none the less.
    The one that got away................................I'll let you tell it...
    Take Care Bro, I look forward to the next time.

To "All" My Fishing Friends, Have A Good One!!!

Robert
    <><
    No Roberto, you have no future in the acting business...
    Great job on the multiple legal Flatties day. I expect you to catch me by then end of this weekend.
    Good luck hitting the surf tomorrow bro and don't forget to bring that "G. repellant" we talked about. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by n1ckxlam View Post
    Great job guys, way to slay once again

Nick
    Thanks Nick, leave those LB pancakes alone and hit the sand with us for some legals!
    Hope all is well buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur,

I've always marveled at your SWAT reports and this one is no different. What a great day you guys had. Seeing the glow of the red tide and then hitting the beach with Good Friends and onece again bringing some very nice catches to the beach.

Great job guys!

The KoC is in two weeks and then I'll be back to the surf in search of a PB flattie of my own.
    The King of the Cats honors will return to Team TrollToon this year!
    Good luck with the tournament Terry and we'll hit the sand for your "next" mission soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Robert/ Arthur,

Thanks for the good times my friends. Really enjoyed sharing the water with you guys. Looking forward to getting back out there when Arthur gets back but if the tides and swell are looking good next week you might be hearing from me Robert. Arthur thanks again for everything. My pugs were crazy about you especially Shyla (my female pug). She doesn’t drop a load like that for just anyone…LOL.

Robert thanks for being a great host, you really have that area dialed in my friend. It is crazy that I live on the same street you lived on when you were a kid. I feel blessed to have found surf fishing at a young age but it took me a long time to get things figured out. You are way ahead of the game my friend.

Kind of off topic but I remember one time I had this bad dream that I had never fished before but I had just found out about fishing and loved it. I was hooked but I was really old and I had no more time left. I remember dreaming WHY!!! WHY!! Couldn’t I have found about this as a child. I could have enjoyed it for a life time. Well thankfully that it was all a dream but if it were reality better late than never.

Anyways on to the fishing. Yesterday you had to work for bites but the fish were certainly there including a few HEAVY HITTERS believed to be members of the group responsible for several recent gray light attacks which have resulted in defeat and loss of weapons for a few SWAT members. With that being said a rookie mistake and a failure to take my own advice cost me some fish today. My first 3 fish spit the hook. Check your hooks to make sure they are sharp right?... Nope just kept fishing and finally got a couple shorties to stick.. Then I got that BIG strike. This was what we were looking for and just as the fish begins to take drag it my goes slack as felt my lure pull loose.. NOOO!

5 minutes later I get hit hard again but this time the fish stuck. It started swimming straight out peeling line fast. I was confident my line would hold. I held my rod high to keep pressure on the fish and then it hit me that I still had the stock Owner hooks on the lure. I knew the hooks would not stand up to the pressure being applied. so I dropped my rod tip a little to try to back off the pressure on the fish and while doing so “I said I still have the stock hooks on” then my line went slack once again I felt the kick of my lure pulling back but nothing else….NOOOOOOO!

Arthur looked at my hooks to find in addition to being dull the middle hook had been bent like a paper clip. This is not the first or even the second time that I have lost a nice fish because the stock hooks bent out but it will be the last. I knew better than to trust the stock hooks. I wanted to stick with the same lure because it was getting bit so I changed my hooks on the spot over to extra wide gaps which I should have done to begin with. I caught a couple of shorts and a butter fly ray after the hook change but that was it. Arthur took a picture of my damaged hook. Time to order more new hooks..

I’ll back looking for even more redemption then before.

JerryG
    That's too funny... I think Shyla smelled my Pugs on me and got overly excited.
    I was going to post the picture of your hook all bent-up but there was a big water spot on it and it was all blurry. But we all know that it takes a big fish to bent out the saltwater trebles on the LC. The big fish was picking on you all morning... those were some drag burners.
    Redemption time bro... I'll call ya when I get back in town next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Swat rules the beaches!!!

TRAIL BLAZER
    Thanks TB, when they start stocking Halibut in the Duct, I'll be there fishing at your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Good eye Phuong. I heard some rumors but can't elaborate. Maybe the Commander can confirm or dispel the rumors.

Another great session by SWAT, did any of you guys fish this past weekend? Didn't see any SWAT reports. Went to Castaic and got skunked. Should have fished with Uncle Bob. Hey Art, the next time you head to Lake San Antonio with T/O, I'm down for the drive bro.
    I can neither confirm or dispel any rumors... I plead the Fifth.
    This is FNN not TMZ, lol
    Last edited by Wingnut; 10-14-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Adding replies...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast