Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fire Power" S.W.A.T. Launches Major Offensive 9/17/11 - Plus FIVE Bonus Report!

OMG!! I need to get over this cold NOWWWWWWWW!! lol

Good job guys!

Great job out there guys!

I was thinking about how you were doing this morning, pretty sure you were tearing it up and then I see a missed call and text from Bones........

What an awesome day for the SWAT Team wherever they fished.

Looking forward to seeing you and Mike this weekend.

SWAT TEAM, you guys post some of the best photos. Would you guys every consider a GOPRO camera, for videos.

Another Sweet Morning Filled With Fish!!!
    I wished I could have joined you and Jerry, but I need all the work I can get right now.
    Great morning, with multiple species is always sweet...
    I look forward to seeing you out at Irvine on Saturday,
    Robert
    <><

Thanks Arthur it was great fishing with you my friend. I wish I had more time so we could have hit the other spots. It was a nice day to be on the water. Arthur brought up a good point that most people (non-anglers) live their lives never realizing the amazing places and great adventures that exist right in their own backyards. Can't wait to get back out there I sure would love to have another shot at that first fish.

I was glad to hear the news that Lt Bones had captured a BIG fish. Well done Mike! It helps provide a little redemption. We have come under the fire of some heavy hitters over the past week which has resulted in defeat and loss of artillery. Careful guys there are some BIG enemies lurking the front lines right now.

JerryG
    Last edited by jerryG; 09-21-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Arthur/Jerry,
    Next time you guys head out let me know and I'll try to meet up. I'm trying to shake off a cold right now :(

Anthony

Great reports and pics. I always love seeing what ya come up with next. Major props

Another ho hum day(s) in the life of SWAT! Really getting tough for me getting all the up to the minute updates from the crew while I sit atop a mountain here and there with my crew dodging our enemy of choice!

I hope you all leave a few of the enemy on the battle ground for me to have fun with whenever I get the next opportunity to join you all!

Until then! Continue with the swift invasions of the enemy territory and over take them with brute force!

Steve

PS. We missed crossing paths by 3 days at the location and no lucky penny for me! But it was great to spend some quality time with the wife after being away from home so much this summer!

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    I am not winning

But Bones on the other hand, WINNING !!!!!!!!!!
    Hang in there Bill, you're gonna ahev a break-out session soon.
    Yeah, Bones won in a big way!

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Winning!!!?? He won already. lol
    I doubt anyone can catch up to what he caught, awesome stuff.

Arturito, it's still flat! Thats a nice amount of fish you and Mr. Jerry G caught today. Glad to see you back on the sand jerry, its been a while that I've heard from you bro.

Gotta get back out thereeeeeeeee!
    It's not over yet Frank... we still have 3 months to go buddy and if tghe Fall/Winter bite is going to be as good as I think it is, somebody might land another goliath. Good luck hitting the surf on Friday bro.

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    OMG!! I need to get over this cold NOWWWWWWWW!! lol

Good job guys!
    Hope you're feeling better bro. Take your time and get 100% well... the fish aren't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Great job out there guys!

I was thinking about how you were doing this morning, pretty sure you were tearing it up and then I see a missed call and text from Bones........

What an awesome day for the SWAT Team wherever they fished.

Looking forward to seeing you and Mike this weekend.
    Thanks Terry, the mission continues...
    See you & Trolly Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    SWAT TEAM, you guys post some of the best photos. Would you guys every consider a GOPRO camera, for videos.
    Sharkbait, Anthony just posted a video report and it looked awesome... Might give it some consideration in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Another Sweet Morning Filled With Fish!!!
    I wished I could have joined you and Jerry, but I need all the work I can get right now.
    Great morning, with multiple species is always sweet...
    I look forward to seeing you out at Irvine on Saturday,
    Robert
    <><
    Work takes priority Robert, even though I'm not setting a very good example of that right now.
    See ya Saturday my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Thanks Arthur it was great fishing with you my friend. I wish I had more time so we could have hit the other spots. It was a nice day to be on the water. Arthur brought up a good point that most people (non-anglers) live their lives never realizing the amazing places and great adventures that exist right in their own backyards. Can't wait to get back out there I sure would love to have another shot at that first fish.

I was glad to hear the news that Lt Bones had captured a BIG fish. Well done Mike! It helps provide a little redemption. We have come under the fire of some heavy hitters over the past week which has resulted in defeat and loss of artillery. Careful guys there are some BIG enemies lurking the front lines right now.

JerryG
    Had a great time fishing with you Jerry. Good to get caught up with each other's ups & downs in the game of life. I can't believe how many shorts are out there right now... probably around 20 to 1 ratio.
    Too bad that mystery fish in the grey light eluded you... that was a big fish. Bit you clean off. They've been hammering away in the grey light all this week. Marc lost a nice fish, then Frank, and now you... The enemy is bringing out some heavy artillery.
    Stay well my friend and again, good luck with that new project.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
    Arthur/Jerry,
    Next time you guys head out let me know and I'll try to meet up. I'm trying to shake off a cold right now :(

Anthony
    Feel better Anthony, we'll hook up and fish soon.
    That video report of your big Halibut was awesome bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Great reports and pics. I always love seeing what ya come up with next. Major props
    Thanks Rob, hope to see you on Saturday at the Vine.

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Another ho hum day(s) in the life of SWAT! Really getting tough for me getting all the up to the minute updates from the crew while I sit atop a mountain here and there with my crew dodging our enemy of choice!

I hope you all leave a few of the enemy on the battle ground for me to have fun with whenever I get the next opportunity to join you all!

Until then! Continue with the swift invasions of the enemy territory and over take them with brute force!

Steve

PS. We missed crossing paths by 3 days at the location and no lucky penny for me! But it was great to spend some quality time with the wife after being away from home so much this summer!
    We all miss fishing with you Steve. I know that your job carries great responsibility and commitment. Thanks for all your hard work and services buddy. Still lots of time to get yourself on the leaderboard... all you need is one good trip.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 09-23-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Adding replies...

Default Bonus Report #2 - S.W.A.T. Extended Mission. Wednesday 9/21/11

Bonus Report #2
    S.W.A.T. Extended Mission. Wednesday 9/21/11

I decided to stay in town this week to hit the surf for a couple more times to take advantage of the recent hot bite. The "Boss" won't be happy, but oh well... lol Had a fantastic session on Saturday, followed that up with a great trip on Tuesday and I was hoping for a similar session today... BUT alas... all good things must come to an end.

Mike (Bones) called me up and asked if I wanted to hit up his A.O. today to see if we can coax another mega Hali to play. I said, why not, I'm already in trouble with the Boss so let's do it! Exfactor aka The Fishing Yoda gave me a call and wanted to drive down from Santa Barbara to join us. Come on down Mikey!

We hit several spots in the Malibu area for a few hours and had a nice, relaxing lunch afterwards. Got Mikey on the road back home before traffic begin to build up.

Conditions was pretty decent. A bit more swelly than the last few days, but still good. The salad condition definitely got worse though as some spots were difficult to fish. Mikey & Mike had a pretty good morning, but I stunk it up big time, lol Didn't even get a hit on the LC all morning.

Fish count - All Released.
    Exfactor: 2 Legal Halibut (22", 23") 1 short Halibut
    Bones: 1 short Halibut, 1 short White Sea Bass
    Wingnut:

Mike, thanks for being our guide today. Always great fishing with you my friend. You were still on cloud 9 and were smiling all day from the high that the big Flattie gave you. Congrats once again and I'm sure an even bigger Hali is on the way. See ya Saturday!

Mikey, thanks for making the long drive to join us today. You did great! Two legal Flatties... You are now on the board! Good call following your Yoda instinct and finding the fish at grey light. My Spidey senses failed me today. My turn to head North to fish with you buddy...

Thanks for checking in everybody, enjoy the rest of your week.
    Maybe I'll see some of you guys at Dana's Memorial Event at Irvine Lake this Saturday.

Arthur (Wingnut)

Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquillity.

A few pics of our fun session.

Planning our course of action at grey light.

Mike got the first hook-up of the morning.
    Here is the funny series... the fish made him work for it! lol
    Stumbling on the rocks...

More rock hopping...

The fish wrapped itself around a boiler rock...

After some serious maneuvering...

Success...

Mikey stuck two legal Flatties working down the beach from us. Measured and released without pics. I was too far down the beach...
    Here he is with a Flat Fish of the wrong kind.

Mystery fish?!?

S.W.A.T. terrain...

Mike's short WSB.

What kind of plant/fruit is this???

Gotta love Mikey's vanity plate.

Lunch!

My plate...
    Last edited by Wingnut; 09-22-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Adding Bonus Report #2

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast