Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fire Power" S.W.A.T. Launches Major Offensive 9/17/11 - Plus FIVE Bonus Report!

That is one sweet looking custom LC Art, very cool. I think the fish found it irresistable. That action must have been insane bro, wish that I was there. We were camping at Skinner this weekend, now i know why you didn't stop by, hahaha
    Damn, those food pics looks good.

One word... bitchen! (probably will be edited!)

I really like that customized LC. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Arthur
    Everything about your report are just beautiful. Beautiful custom LC, conditions, fishes .. and the food .. yummy. Thanks for the report. Wish I have a session like that on day.

Another epic report! A stellar day on the water with friends. Hard to beat that action. Those new LC customs are SWEET!!! Thanks for the report and pics and I hope to see you Sat. at the Vine for Dana's tourney.

Damn dude, you should contact Lucky Craft and have them put together a "Wingnut" Surf Series of lures.
    Total anihilation of the enemy population, awesome display of SWAT fire power.

I got your text on Mike (Bones) massive Halibut this this morning, HOLY CRAP!!! Can't wait for the report.

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    I am lost for words

And I think the pug on the right is giving me the stink eye..
    C'mon Bill... make your move on that S.W.A.T. Leaderboard already! Gonna be pretty hard to top that fish that Bones caught today.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliButts View Post
    Epic Session!!
    Not epic... but pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Darn WWO grabbed the next slot when I was going to follow up with a landlocked butt pic......Oh well....Next time...LOL

Arthur,

As always my friend your were on fire. You had five fish on the sand before I could even get over to you bro. Your attack plan is always carefully thought out and very effective.
    This was a great morning and overall day. I laughed so much my cheeks started to cramp up dude!
    You are such a goofball and you keep everyone laughing all day long.I for one always enjoy our outings the most because you are hardcore and quite simply LOVE TO FISH. The enemy didn't stand a chance with your new SICK Weapon of Butt destruction!
    There is no flaking or laziness when it comes to fishing side by side with you that's for sure.
    Thanks so much for the Sizzler food fest afterwords....I can barely move still !
    Also thanks for reminding me of that huge Black Sea Bass.....
    I will be haunted by that moment for many years to come

Marc and Nick....
    It was great to see you two and I'll be Damned if you guys didn't show up before the sun came up. What troopers ....but I was thinking about it.....I think the very early morning awakening threw off Nicks Ninja like reactions and that's why he fell....LOL
    Seriously.....Nick....Take care of that hand....Old guys like us don't heal very quiclky!
    Thanks for making the trip out there guys and see ya on the sand soon.

Bam Bam Billy....We go way back and It was awesome to see you put your first surf halibut on the beach. I'm sure there is a big old legal on the near horizon for you bro. Can't wait to get you back out there and on the hunt. The fall bite is starting to swing so let's get er DONE!
    Take care guys and keep it safe.....Tight Lines to all!
    Lt.Bones
    Debriefing complete-------<><

Aww what the heck....A landlocked butt from the 6man Volleyball competition a few months back....

I had a feeling that the grey light bite was going to be off the hook Mike. Glad that you were in the thick of things with me. Now about that monster hali that you caught today... Damn dude, didn't I tell you that Poseidon owed you a big fish...? Consider it paid!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Just walked in the door when the text came through.

What a great looking day in the surf Arturo,
    Like I texted you this morning, I didn't see the message till this morning..
    I already had other plans for the day with Sheila... I love my wife!!!
    20 legal flatties is absolutely insane, it's only September and the next spawning is right around the corner.
    I am pretty sure we will see at least 1 or 2 other 30"ers before the year is through..
    I liked the picture of your modified swim stroke...

Nick, I hope your hand heals quickly!

Marc, Glad to hear about your good grades.

Mike, I wish I could have been there but there will be other weekends Bro!!

Bam Bam, It is addicting....BEWARE!!!

Thanks for the great report and pictures,
    Robert
    <><
    Robert, I predict that you will get your 30"+ this year!
    We all have a ,lot of catching up to do seeing what Mike (Bones) accomplished today.

Quote Originally Posted by FishNFurious View Post
    SWAT never fails to deliver, another epic report.
    Wow, I can only dream of a surf session like that.
    Bones, tell us more about that lost BSB.
    The Black Sea Bass that Mike lost was unreal... A once in a lifetime surf fish. I'm sure that he will tell the story in his report today... I guess you can say he had a pretty good day, lol

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Awesome job guys, that session sounds like a blast.
    The water looks frikin insane! You can wade out to your neck without a problem!
    Good stuff. Sucks about the tumble nick, I know exactly where you fell brotha...dont feel bad, I've fallen there atleast twice and I mean HARD. Glad nobody was around But whats even better is that it was nothing serious, well hopefully. Sometimes will a tumble like that, it hurts even more the next day. Take care of it sir.

I'm trying to see if I can get alittle break in the morning, if I can, u better believe I'm going to be here.

Oh and yes Mike, more info on the BSB, from the surf too! that mustve been a sight!
    Conditions was awesome Frank, just like you experienced on Sunday. Sounds like you got a little taste of the hot action too. See ya soon my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhatster View Post
    That's an insane surf session there.
    You guys killed it, SWAT rules the surf.
    Hope the injury to Nick's hand isn't serious.
    Thanks bro... I don't think Nick's hand was broken. Hopefully, it's just a bad sprain.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4life View Post
    Danng those fish didn't stand a chance against Wingnut's custom LC niiiicceeee. @ Bones i approve of that picture ahhaha. Keep up the amazing reports!
    Thanks bro... Landlocked Butts are easier to catch than the ones that lives in the surf.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur, I couldn't wait to get home and check this post out..........Simply amazing!

When I got your text this morning I was looking at the fish count you reported and that there were five of you on this assault I thought wow! Great day for the SWAT Team then I noticed that the fish count you gave me was just yours!

You guys had what I would say was an epic day on the water Good friends, Good Times and well, way better than Good Fishing. Great job guys!
    I couldn't keep track of all the count with the hot & heavy action. I just know that fish were hitting the sand every few minutes in multiples, FUN stuff! See ya Saturday my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hey Wingnut!
    What can I say............S.W.A.T rules!!
    I really enjoyed reading your fun report!
    SP Dan <"))><
    Thanks Dan... good luck hitting the new A.O. this weekend.
    I want to see a legal Halibut report from you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
    What a day. Those are the days we all put in the time on the water to have. WIDE OPEN. It was like a cattle boat in the surf, five guys standing two feet a part, throwing baits to one spot. Thanks to all the SWAT guys.
    Mark and Nick - It was a pleasure fishing with you guys. Nick, hope the hand is feeling better. I'm sure we will fish again soon. Mark give me a call.
    Arthur - always a pleasure, you are a funny dude, you have everybody laughing. You got some kinda of deal with that ocean, man you were on fire. Talk to you soon, and can't wait to fish again.
    Bones - My fishing friend. It was nice to have a good day, compared to the days we been having. Thanks for the invite, it was a blast. I will have to make it up your way more often.
    Bill, really good sharing the sand with you again buddy. I'm glad that you were there with us to experience that awesome bite. Don't get spoiled, a day like that don't happen very often...
    Thanks again for hooking us up with the Pelagic goodies, we appreciate that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Man, that was a really fantastic trip, and the kind that you're only rewarded with if you put in the effort to get to remote areas. The standard easy access deal can reward you with some ok fishing and even a solid fish if you do it enough, but the best Southern California surf fishing has to offer is only available for those willing to put in some serious effort. Glad I had some SWAT brothers out there to experience it with!

Arthur, what can I say, this was the kind of bite SWAT's been waiting for! WFO for the grey light, just like you predicted. Can't believe I got snapped off on my first cast of the morning by a big fish, and then proceeded to watch you slam 3 in a row while I retied. I don't think I've ever had a double hook up on surf halibut before, and let alone witnessing a total of 3 doubles happen over the course of the morning. I had a great time out there sharing stories and jokes on the sand (Helloooo!), and the WFO bite just made it all the better.

It was pretty hilarious though how we tried to get shots of us treading water in the swells only to have it glass out once we had the camera out.... I think Poseidon was messing with us!

I think the ending totals were 4 shorts + a torpedo for me, 4 shorts for Mike, and 4 shorts for Billy, plus or minus a short here or there. Really an insane bite, but what's startling is that there were so few legals in the population. Finally hoping this fall bite goes off at that AO, and I am definitely looking forward to more trips there in the future. Just hoping that the concentration of legals increases.

Mike,
    Good to see you again buddy, and you've had a pretty fantastic few days of surf fishing. Lost a BSB, scored a nice legal, and then got into a WFO grey light bite... sounds great to me! I'm sure you'll continue on the roll as the fall bite gets under way, and the next trip may have to be to some of your favorite AOs.

Billy,
    Great to meet one of the original Pirate Crew members, and I'm stoked that you got your first surf halibut at one of the more historical SWAT AOs. It's kicked out a lot of firsts and PBs over the years, and should continue the trend with you. Thanks again for hooking us up with some solid Pelagic gear, and we'll definitely be in touch. Keep Mike out of trouble, and look forward to fishing with you again!

Dad's hand is getting checked out at the clinic today. I'll post an update, but I'm just glad it wasn't worse. No fishing for him for a while though.
    So true Marc, we do out in the extra effort, that's for certain. Beat fishing the jetties and flat waters of LB anyday. Plus, the fish are better to eat, lol. Like I said, I's rather catch a 24" Hali in a place like Santa Barbara while enjoying the scerey bonus, than to pull out a 30" in polluted waters somewhere else.
    Thanks for the text update of your Dad's hand... good to hear that it's feeling better and he's on the road to recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    thanks another great read
    Thanks for taking the time to read it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple Twister View Post
    Arthur,
    Great report, fantastic read and once again SWAT setting....no, no....raising the bar of standard ...
    The "goofin off" pic careful, you might bust out in spontaneous flight with that Superman type pose!

Arthur, Gentleman, nice work, thx for sharing.......
    Thanks John, S.W.A.T. doesn't set the bar for anybody else but ourselves...
    Keep up the nice job out there... good to see somebody so motivated and show passion for our sport.

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    Great Caeser's Ghost, what a day!..and with so many great team members...Haven't gotten out lately but sure got a great buzz off of your sea assault..
    Arthur, you have definitely out done yourself in the customizing department..it's like seeing the latest Lambo unveiling...killer, baby!
    LOL, Sid... it's not exactly the unveiling of the Lambo Aventador.
    Haven't hit the surf with you in awhile, let's see if we can make that happen sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    way to slay you swat guys.............

cm
    Thanks Mike, good luck with the Fall Crappie bite.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    on that report.
    3 cast, 3 fish, 8 Butts OMG Arthur, on fire.
    Congrats to the rest of the crew

Mikes Bonus Pic
    DR
    Decent fish count...

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Awesome report. When I got the Arthur's message Friday night I had a feeling the bite was going to be good. I wish I could have been there with you guys. I was on active Dad duty yesterday (my sons ball games). You guys kept the enemy under heavy fire yesterday. Looking back on seasons of the past September is a good month for halibut. Great month for freshwater bass and stripers as well. Great time to be fishing. I got to get out there. As always well done guys.

So hey Mike what's the story with the BSB? Depending on size even a juvinile can be one tough enemy to defeat from the beach on light tackle (12-15lb line). Did the enemy get away with your weapon? Either way its just never easy dealing with defeat. If you capture a high profile enemy like that from the surf you deserve a medal.

JerryG
    Family always first Jerry... those fish aren't going anywhere.
    Yeah, i was looking back at my log from last year and September was a good month.
    Hopefully, the Fall bite will be a good one! Really great sharing the sand with you again today my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Awesome, simply awesome... !!!!

You can just Feel the Energy & fun in this (and all SWAT) report.... Cant deny that!!!!
    Great read all....

SWAT ROCKS !!!!!

Thanks Frank. We has a blast... good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post

That is one sweet looking custom LC Art, very cool. I think the fish found it irresistable. That action must have been insane bro, wish that I was there. We were camping at Skinner this weekend, now i know why you didn't stop by, hahaha
    Damn, those food pics looks good.
    Sorry I didn't come and hang out with your guys Binh... honestly, I totally forgot! They say that the memory is the first thing to go... Bummer that the fish at Skinner didn't cooperate... sure wish that you were in the surf with ne bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
    One word... bitchen! (probably will be edited!)
    Totally bitchen... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
    I really like that customized LC. Looks like you guys had a great time.
    Thanks Anthony... congrats on the big Halibut bro, great video!

Quote Originally Posted by VietReefer View Post
    Arthur
    Everything about your report are just beautiful. Beautiful custom LC, conditions, fishes .. and the food .. yummy. Thanks for the report. Wish I have a session like that on day.
    Thanks Dylan... you've had some great sessions yourself. Get back out there!

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Another epic report! A stellar day on the water with friends. Hard to beat that action. Those new LC customs are SWEET!!! Thanks for the report and pics and I hope to see you Sat. at the Vine for Dana's tourney.
    Thanks man, looking forward to meeting you this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Damn dude, you should contact Lucky Craft and have them put together a "Wingnut" Surf Series of lures.
    Total anihilation of the enemy population, awesome display of SWAT fire power.

I got your text on Mike (Bones) massive Halibut this this morning, HOLY CRAP!!! Can't wait for the report.
    They need to contact ME... jk
    I can't wait to see Mike's report too... I was on the phone with him for an hour after he landed & released his PB Hali... his voice was still shaking, lol
    He jumped right to the top of the S.W.A.T. Halibut Leaderboard.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 09-20-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Adding replies...

Default Bonus Report #1 - S.W.A.T. Mop-Up Mission. Tuesday 9/20/11

Bonus Report #1

S.W.A.T. Mop-Up Mission. Tuesday 9/20/11

Also... keep an eye out for Mike's (Bones) report. It will blow you away!

After the amazing bite that we encountered on Saturday, I decided to stay in town for a couple of extra days... To take care of some local business and giving me an excuse to hit the surf again. Damn, I hope my "Boss" doesn't find out, he's kind of a jerk... lol

Hit up the same A.O. this morning for a few hours with my fellow S.W.A.T. member, JerryG. Really good fishing with you again brotha Jerry, been too long my friend. Great catching up with you and I really enjoyed the good conversation & laughs.

Bummer about your first hook-up in the grey light Jerry. The same thing happened to Marc on Saturday. 1st or 2nd cast of the morning, instant hook-up, drag peeling... then gone, bit off! I'm sure that it was a big White Sea Bass.

Conditions once again was great! Flat swells, warm & clear water, minimal salad and light bait fish presence. The fish weren't as aggressive as they were on Saturday, but still pretty active. The bite wasn't as hot, but pretty steady throughout the morning. We picked off fish at a steady pace as we worked the long stretch of beach. Only one legal Halibut and lots & lots of shorts... all caught on various LC's.
    Not bad for a 4-hour session.

Fish count (All Released).
    JerryG: (6) short Halibut, (2) Smelt
    Wingnut) (10) short Halibut, (1) legal Halibut (23"), (1) Calico Bass, (1) YFC, (1) BSP

We must have caught 5 or 6 Flatties that are just short of legal status in the 21+" inch range today.

Came back to the car and had 4 missed calls and a text from Lieutenant Bones.
    Gave him a call on the drive home... Mike had himself quite a morning session... look for his report!

The bite is heating up... go for it people!

Arthur (Wingnut)

Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third.

Enjoy the pics...

I threw this LC for most of the morning, until a couple of hooks broke off on some shorts.
    "Mangled" Custom Raked Bait Series.

It works! It really works!!! lol

Master of disguise...

Legal Halibut 23" - #21 Released... because there's still plenty of fillets in the freezer.

Last edited by Wingnut; 09-21-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Adding Bonus Report.

I am not winning

But Bones on the other hand, WINNING !!!!!!!!!!

Winning!!!?? He won already. lol
    I doubt anyone can catch up to what he caught, awesome stuff.

Arturito, it's still flat! Thats a nice amount of fish you and Mr. Jerry G caught today. Glad to see you back on the sand jerry, its been a while that I've heard from you bro.

Gotta get back out thereeeeeeeee!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast