Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fire Power" S.W.A.T. Launches Major Offensive 9/17/11 - Plus FIVE Bonus Report!

Hey Wingnut!
    What can I say............S.W.A.T rules!!
    I really enjoyed reading your fun report!
    SP Dan <"))><

What a day. Those are the days we all put in the time on the water to have. WIDE OPEN. It was like a cattle boat in the surf, five guys standing two feet a part, throwing baits to one spot. Thanks to all the SWAT guys.
    Mark and Nick - It was a pleasure fishing with you guys. Nick, hope the hand is feeling better. I'm sure we will fish again soon. Mark give me a call.
    Arthur - always a pleasure, you are a funny dude, you have everybody laughing. You got some kinda of deal with that ocean, man you were on fire. Talk to you soon, and can't wait to fish again.
    Bones - My fishing friend. It was nice to have a good day, compared to the days we been having. Thanks for the invite, it was a blast. I will have to make it up your way more often.

Man, that was a really fantastic trip, and the kind that you're only rewarded with if you put in the effort to get to remote areas. The standard easy access deal can reward you with some ok fishing and even a solid fish if you do it enough, but the best Southern California surf fishing has to offer is only available for those willing to put in some serious effort. Glad I had some SWAT brothers out there to experience it with!

Arthur, what can I say, this was the kind of bite SWAT's been waiting for! WFO for the grey light, just like you predicted. Can't believe I got snapped off on my first cast of the morning by a big fish, and then proceeded to watch you slam 3 in a row while I retied. I don't think I've ever had a double hook up on surf halibut before, and let alone witnessing a total of 3 doubles happen over the course of the morning. I had a great time out there sharing stories and jokes on the sand (Helloooo!), and the WFO bite just made it all the better.

It was pretty hilarious though how we tried to get shots of us treading water in the swells only to have it glass out once we had the camera out.... I think Poseidon was messing with us!

I think the ending totals were 4 shorts + a torpedo for me, 4 shorts for Mike, and 4 shorts for Billy, plus or minus a short here or there. Really an insane bite, but what's startling is that there were so few legals in the population. Finally hoping this fall bite goes off at that AO, and I am definitely looking forward to more trips there in the future. Just hoping that the concentration of legals increases.

Mike,
    Good to see you again buddy, and you've had a pretty fantastic few days of surf fishing. Lost a BSB, scored a nice legal, and then got into a WFO grey light bite... sounds great to me! I'm sure you'll continue on the roll as the fall bite gets under way, and the next trip may have to be to some of your favorite AOs.

Billy,
    Great to meet one of the original Pirate Crew members, and I'm stoked that you got your first surf halibut at one of the more historical SWAT AOs. It's kicked out a lot of firsts and PBs over the years, and should continue the trend with you. Thanks again for hooking us up with some solid Pelagic gear, and we'll definitely be in touch. Keep Mike out of trouble, and look forward to fishing with you again!

Dad's hand is getting checked out at the clinic today. I'll post an update, but I'm just glad it wasn't worse. No fishing for him for a while though.
    Last edited by bsp; 09-18-2011 at 12:56 PM.

thanks another great read

Default Outstanding gentlemen!!!!!!!!!

Arthur,
    Great report, fantastic read and once again SWAT setting....no, no....raising the bar of standard ...
    The "goofin off" pic careful, you might bust out in spontaneous flight with that Superman type pose!

Arthur, Gentleman, nice work, thx for sharing.......

Great Caeser's Ghost, what a day!..and with so many great team members...Haven't gotten out lately but sure got a great buzz off of your sea assault..
    Arthur, you have definitely out done yourself in the customizing department..it's like seeing the latest Lambo unveiling...killer, baby!

way to slay you swat guys.............

cm

on that report.
    3 cast, 3 fish, 8 Butts OMG Arthur, on fire.
    Congrats to the rest of the crew

Mikes Bonus Pic
    DR

Awesome report. When I got the Arthur's message Friday night I had a feeling the bite was going to be good. I wish I could have been there with you guys. I was on active Dad duty yesterday (my sons ball games). You guys kept the enemy under heavy fire yesterday. Looking back on seasons of the past September is a good month for halibut. Great month for freshwater bass and stripers as well. Great time to be fishing. I got to get out there. As always well done guys.

So hey Mike what's the story with the BSB? Depending on size even a juvinile can be one tough enemy to defeat from the beach on light tackle (12-15lb line). Did the enemy get away with your weapon? Either way its just never easy dealing with defeat. If you capture a high profile enemy like that from the surf you deserve a medal.

JerryG

Awesome, simply awesome... !!!!

You can just Feel the Energy & fun in this (and all SWAT) report.... Cant deny that!!!!
    Great read all....

SWAT ROCKS !!!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast