Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perris panfish morning

Yeah I thought so too. Looks like it's got some LMB in it..

Default Lake Level/Elevation

Does anyone know what the level of the lake is? Published at 1588' elevation and in 2009 it was supposed to be 1555'. Sorry to hijack thread but figured someone following fishmounter would know the current elevation.
    Thanks

Kelster, you got the latest info from USGS for the lake. Unless there's any major changes to the lake bottom, such as dredging, the elevation remain the same. Unless there's another seismic upgrade to the lake itself, there will not be any additional change to the lake topography, unless God steps in and intervene. Deeper is always better..More fishes to hunt for and more water to store..

Kelster, 1555 sounds about right to me, about 33 feet lower than what it originally was supposed to be. I haven't noticed any major changes in level since they dropped the water a few years ago, only up or down a foot or two once in a while.

Thanks,
    That will help me. I have an old topo map of the lake and with that info and my fish finder it helps.

Ah..the old topo created by the fishing master right? I did an overlay of that old topo over the new Google Topo. Not matching 100% but pretty close. You're talking about 7 to 12 feet difference. Overall, everything remains the same.

I wound with less than six panfish and three LMB 8"-12". Overall, pretty slow compared to previous outings there. Maybe next time...

As usual, I enjoyed fishing with you guys.

Ed

Thanks for the report.....I'm bummed that I haven't gotten to Perris in months....It's great to see all the reports though.....Maybe this Monday I'll try the Docks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    Ah..the old topo created by the fishing master right? I did an overlay of that old topo over the new Google Topo. Not matching 100% but pretty close. You're talking about 7 to 12 feet difference. Overall, everything remains the same.
    You are correct, sir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12