Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perris panfish morning

Default Perris panfish morning

Fished LP this morning in float tubes with FNN Friends Vortec Cruiser, Cartman, and Sir Bluegill. Met a guy named Larry that did good with his flyrod and sinking line. Saw d1LedHed on his boat, but he moved before I could kick over to him. Morning was overcast and misty, no sun until about 11:00. We fish Bernasconi and the south end of the dam area. The Bluegill and Redears are in deeper water, 15 to 25 feet. Fishing was not great, but all of us did pretty good on fish up to 10 inches. I think I caught about 13 fish. Left around noon. Boy the water level sure has dropped.

Larry hooks up:

I think I ended the day with only five fish, most where on the paddle over to you guys and one at the buoy line. Biggest one was 8 inchers, two 7 inchers and two small guys. The water was not bad at all, it was warm.

That's what happened to me a couple of weeks ago and finally had to really fish for LMB w/ the drop shot. Caught biggest bass w/ my pan fish rig though. Where have the pan fish gone? They are not in the east end, found a few on leeward side of the island 3 weeks ago, all deep. Has anyone tried down by the tire reef? Hey it's still better then being at work..

The panfish are there, I saw a few people bringing a fish in on almost every cast... just not us..Ha!

Jeff, you need to troll a super duper....LOL
    I've been spoiled this year, been catching more then fishing, my time will come soon and I won't be in the double digits. I was wondering how this weather has effected the bite, seems like not much. As soon as I get the OK from the boss and Dr I will be back out there chasing the wiggle on my rod.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Fished LP this morning in float tubes with FNN Friends Vortec Cruiser, Cartman, and Sir Bluegill. Met a guy named Larry that did good with his flyrod and sinking line. Saw d1LedHed on his boat, but he moved before I could kick over to him. Morning was overcast and misty, no sun until about 11:00. We fish Bernasconi and the south end of the dam area. The Bluegill and Redears are in deeper water, 15 to 25 feet. Fishing was not great, but all of us did pretty good on fish up to 10 inches. I think I caught about 13 fish. Left around noon. Boy the water level sure has dropped.

Larry hooks up:

the water is so low shore fishing is almost impossible so much vegetaion on the east side gonna hit up bernasconi tomarrow evening is ther alot of vegetaion on the shore over ther too ?

Walk down to the left as you face the lake. There's some rocks down toward the dam before the "Keep Out" area and I don't think there are as many weeds out in the water there. May have to make long casts to get out to the fish zone though.

Thought it was you guys - I named 3 out of four. Didn't want to crowd you guys - after your chatty Cathy episode... We heard it all the way down in the corner.

Yesterday I got a lot of fish where you guys were at – closer to the ravine side. Did real well today also. Fish are suspended over deep water – have to count down. Dragging the bottom was really slow. Using the same jigs – Belly spinners, Autos, & Semi-autos, and crickets.

Fishing in the Marina is starting to get really good – Fall bite maybe.. Watch the regulars pulling out some very nice BGs today. Fly lining crickets under the docks. Been catching some nice ones around the slip also.

Great hunt Jeff! Nice liping too

That big 9"+ BG (1st pic) sure has a long tail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast