Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: thinking about going custom

Default thinking about going custom

looking for pms from rod builders, want 7'6" min 8' max 1/4-1oz ex-fast taper M-MH power acid/spiral wraped with eva grips, no fore grip, split reel seat with fuji alconite or TI K-series or micros. Minimalistic rod, no hook keeper light as possible, sensitive and strong, possibly gl2 or gl3 blank? pm me with your ideas/prices. will be paired with a curado 200e7.

hey whats going on, i think that i could probably help you with that problem. i would suggest a rainshadow or phenix blank. What are you going to throw with it? freshwater or salt?> it would take approximately two weeks to finish, im local and in anaheim. shoot me a pm sometime

pm sent :)

MB941-GL3 7'10" 1 Mag-Med Ex-Fast 10-17lb 1/4 - 1oz I was looking at this blank, its exactly what i want but its $145, the same blank but GL2 is $110, is the GL3 worth the extra $35?

My general opinion is that Loomis blanks can be beat for the same price with other companies. Occasionally they have a blank that is not reproduced and special but overall, I think there are much better values out there and even higher modulus for lower cost. (Translates to lighter weight, more sensitive etc.)

Ask your builder.

UL

Have given a phenix X-12 a thought?

x-12 is a moderate action rod, which i do not want. i need a rod that shuts down fast to pull fish away from cover. Thanks for the advice UL ill look into it, ive searched and searched and the loomis blanks are exactly what i want from my rod, if i can find a higher modulus blank thats cheaper then ill go with that :). Most mfgs go to a heavy action once you get passed 7'6" or so, even shimano, there 7'11" is a med action swimbait stick rated like 1/2-1 1/2 oz or something.