Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: please post you fishing reports for Lake Cahuilla here!!

thanks CCfisherman!
    i started off by trying to get some bluegill for bait just before that camp ground but after the beach right by the bushes that or in the water, got lots of hits and ended up getting 5 blues.
    went over to just before the small jetty and cast out shrimp for cats, and rigged a bobber with a live bluegill, nothing, but some bluegill cut bait on the hook with a bobber and still nothing errr had one good strong bit on my shrimp but no fish then my dad had to same so i think i may have been a SB or carp just seeing what was up.

any way left at 8:55 and no cats :( it is the end of the stocking season and i think i will be waiting till trout to go back to cahuilla since there will be no more fish planted in the lake.

went to the lake last Saturday 12/08/12 got one good sized trout on a jig (drop shooting) but the bite is still taking its time to pick up.
    thinking of going this afternoon to see if the cold weather did any good

Was there this morning. No bite, don't even see a single fish. Water is low too. Good luck out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Fisher View Post
    thanks CCfisherman!
    i started off by trying to get some bluegill for bait just before that camp ground but after the beach right by the bushes that or in the water, got lots of hits and ended up getting 5 blues.
    went over to just before the small jetty and cast out shrimp for cats, and rigged a bobber with a live bluegill, nothing, but some bluegill cut bait on the hook with a bobber and still nothing errr had one good strong bit on my shrimp but no fish then my dad had to same so i think i may have been a SB or carp just seeing what was up.

any way left at 8:55 and no cats :( it is the end of the stocking season and i think i will be waiting till trout to go back to cahuilla since there will be no more fish planted in the lake.
    I could be very wrong but isn't using live bait like Bluegill illegal in Riverside County (or most of CA)?
    Last edited by Viejo; 12-12-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    I could be very wrong but isn't using live bait like Bluegill illegal in Riverside County (or most of CA)?
    No, you're correct.

But somehow, when some people buy their fishing licenses, they don't bother picking up and reading that little pamphlet that is on the counter, that reads "Regulations," simply because they can use the ole, "Oh, I didn't know you couldn't do that."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    No, you're correct.

But somehow, when some people buy their fishing licenses, they don't bother picking up and reading that little pamphlet that is on the counter, that reads "Regulations," simply because they can use the ole, "Oh, I didn't know you couldn't do that."
    I thought in that area it is actually legal to use bluegill as bait. I know theres certain parts of cali where it legal, but there generally parts closer the the colorado river.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    I thought in that area it is actually legal to use bluegill as bait. I know theres certain parts of cali where it legal, but there generally parts closer the the colorado river.
    Just search in google and CA DFG regs. Pops right up. Lists a bunch of types of fish that are illegal.

4.10. Bait Fish Use in the Southern District.
    Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Southern District:
    (a) Dead threadfin shad and live or dead longjaw mudsucker may be used in all Southern District waters.
    (b) Live threadfin shad may be used only at the location where taken.
    (c) Golden shiner and red shiner may be used in San Diego County.

Read ALL of the regs and know were your at

4.15. Bait Fish Use in the Colorado River District.

Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Colorado River District:

(a) Live or dead golden shiner, fathead minnow, red shiner, mosquitofish, longjaw mudsucker, threadfin shad, goldfish, sunfish, molly, and dead carp may be used in all Colorado River District waters.
    (b) Live carp may be used only at the location where taken.
    (c) Tilapia may be used in the Salton Sea, and may be taken for bait only within the area bounded by Highway 111 on the north and east and Highway 86 on the west and south (except as in subsection (d) below.
    (d) Tilapia may be taken and used for bait in the Colorado River and its associated backwaters only within the area bounded by Palo Verde Diversion Dam south to the Morelos Dam.

6.37. Colorado River District Definition.

The Colorado River District consists of Imperial County and those portions of Riverside and San Bernardino counties lying south and east of the following line: Starting at the intersection of Highway 86 with the north boundary of Imperial County; north along Highway 86 to its intersection with Interstate 10; east along Interstate 10 to its intersection with Cottonwood Springs Road; north along Cottonwood Springs Road and the Mecca Dale Road to Amboy; east along old Highway 66 to its intersection with Interstate 40; east along Interstate 40 to its intersection with Highway 95; and north along Highway 95 to the California-Nevada boundary. All of the Coachella Canal and Lake Cahuilla are included in this District
    Last edited by riverbud55; 12-15-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks Riverbud55 for clearing that up. Look like only catfish guys know what going on around here.......lol

No problem, just no need for someone to get led down the wrong road,,,,, kinda funny to see someone call someone out as a dumb *** for not reading and knowing and then find out that he's the dumb ***,, sorry jmo,,, always best to know whats up

So anyways,,,, so their feeding the flathead trout for the winter,,,emm a nice size trout swimbait just mite trigger a bite from the big kitty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast