Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Cahuilla trip this saterday.

wow!! thanks so much!!!!
    i always love going to the lake but never knew any thing like this! i was one of the people that cast as far out as i could for trout and never got one, ill be fishing a lot differently now, thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P1M View Post
    which way out....great pointers some spots I knew some I didn't. Now I'm all exicted to get a line wet. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCfisherman View Post
    Great info WWO...... thanks for your time typing all that info for us....
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsfordays View Post
    WWO........That's some detailed info........Did you work for the water district?
    Yes and No.
    To tell the truth I did some time as a Ranger at the lake and then some time with CVWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Fisher View Post
    wow!! thanks so much!!!!
    i always love going to the lake but never knew any thing like this! i was one of the people that cast as far out as i could for trout and never got one, ill be fishing a lot differently now, thanks again!!!
    The only thing I can't be certain of is if the tires and blocks are still there or not. The Water co. every 8 to 10 years lowers the water level down and removes the silt build up off the bottom of the lake. So if the lake is low and you can see them I would guess that there still there. I haven't been there in years.

thanks! ill have to ask may be they know at the front desk?!?

well im back form my trip to the lake this morning and i got around 6-7 bluegill and one baby bass, i have a photo of the bass but not the bluegill sorry, they were only 6" at most.

i got no catfish this morning but am going back tonight at 5 to see what i can find!!

Nice going out there, glad to see you caught some fish. Hope you put the hurt to them kitty tonight.

I will post photos of tonight's catch in the morning. I was using chicken lover and should I had no luck with that sh*t is most likely because I have used it before and put it in the freezer for the next trip.
    I believe the fish know it has me frozen and do not bite on.
    I had great luck with chicken liver however I caught one good size cat and a baby catfish. I have friends getting bites on the liver also it seems to be the best Fishing bait for catfish I have used recently. It is hard to love but I would suggest putting it on a travel book and throwing it out on a Carolina Ridge, try not to use a large trouble.

I do apologize for what looks to be language in the previous post, my phone auto corrected and corrected the wrong words. I will type out my report in the morning when I am fully rested one again my deepest apologiese

Sure........It sounds like one too many cold ones. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Catsfordays View Post
    Sure........It sounds like one too many cold ones. LOL
    haha na i have a droid with dragon so its still learning my voice, any way on with the report....

i headed out to the lake last night and the plan was to use bluegill as bait, well i put back the ones i got that morning because i did not have any thing to keep them live till 5 pm so i just figured i would get more when i got back.
    well the night crawlers i had died and i did not want to buy 50 more and use 5-10 so i used small bits of shrimp i had in the ice bucket.
    i had a few bites but no fish :( any way so after about 10 min of trill and error i started fishing for cats.

i parked just before the small jetty and put out the lines with raw shrimp on a circle hook but i have had it for around 5 weeks in the ice box and i think the fish dont like it when i refreeze the shrimp! i had no luck with the shrimp how ever i did when i first got it form ralphs so ill have to try it one more time but this time strait from the store!!

after about 45 min i but a treble hook with chicken liver on one of my lines and got little bites all the way till i had to leave at 9pm, i go a 2 or so lb put my line back in then got a massive bit that pulled the rod right over on its self (must have been big, smart and knew it was a hook) but it got away right away.
    around 8:30pm i got a bite set the hook but it was dark and could not see a thing so i set it so hard i pulled it right out of the water and found it was just a baby cat no more then 1/2 pound. after that i headed home.

if you go out soon and plan on using my spot i would say one thing, cast no more then 20 feet since the cats troll the bank, if you want.... try putting liver on a bobber since the cats seemed to be feeding on top also!

Good looking catfish you got there. Perfect eater size one too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast