Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Cahuilla trip this saterday.

Default Lake Cahuilla trip this saterday.

Hi.
    i am heading out to lake cahuilla this Saturday morning for bluegills and then again at night for catfish, does any one have any spots where they know cats will be? i have been to this lake 10 times or so over the summer and only come home with 1-2 cats if im lucky. and what bait should i use? i have been using raw shrimp i have in the freezer and i was going to try some cut bluegill this time around to see how that goes but please if you have good luck with something else please let me know and ill give it a try!

I fish with night crawler most of the time or meal worms on #6 & #8 hook works good for me. Rig up bubble with 1 1/2 - 2' leader. You can cath gills all over the lake, have to sigh fish for them. If you see em you'll get em. Try the concrete structure/outlet over by camp ground. I've caught many gills there in the past. Good luck out there. Don't forget to take picture and post report.

ahh my home lake...i see people fishing the beach area and the jetty for cats.. ive caught a 5lb flat head and a 3 pound channel by the concrete area near the camp grounds..used shrimp for bait..also caught a channel cat with a rapala rattling lure. good luck

Great info Fishreaper,thanks. Don't know flathead fish are in lake Cahuilla. Is the 5lber the only flathead you got from there?

thanks! i have tried the beach but seam to only have luck just after they stock it.
    u will try the other two spots you are talking about, thanks again!

there's a few really big flat head in there i hear that it is best to use gold fish or other live bait for them, they pulled a 18 pound flat head out of there or so says the ranger!

I saw a guy pull 2 flats out of there both of them over 30 lbs and I have caught one from the coachella canal that feed the lake and it was 35lbs and my son has a 42lb from the canal. so there are some huge flats out there.

well here photos of the bluegill in the lake and they even have bass in there!

U are in the right spot for bluegill,I use drop shot trout worms and long shank hook. channels like moving water with structure and no it's not the intake.

all right thanks!! ill give a report on the day for ever one!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast