Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Bear Lake night fishing report

Default Big Bear Lake night fishing report

I went up last night, fished 8:30pm - 11:30pm at the Dam under the full moon (very slight waxing gibbous) and the barometer steady and sky was clear.

All small fish, not the usual holdover's I'm used to. Caught 3 stockers, all less than 1 lb, one was about 6". I guess they stock fingerlings too?

10 other fisherman were at the dam, I was surprised. They caught a few on bait, but nothing of size either.

No bait, just lures (rapala, lip ripper spoons, trout teasers).

Also caught a 7" crawdad with the trap.

Good job. The crawdad are more like min lobster up there. We saw few. I was up there Labor Day weekend and i got my limit of trout on crappie jigs on Saturday and went back on Sunday and we got 10 crappie and 5 trout and bunch of small largemouth and smallies. We were the only ones fishing in the area. We missed a lot more hook ups. Plus i was up there the weekend before and i was killing the crappie in the same spot.

I plan on going up to big bear on 10/26, any suggestions? thanks

can't wait to go up there. Gona fish from shore, stil not sure where. ANy suggestions?

Always thought BBL had a law against fishing after sunset ?
    DR

BBL is open 24/7 & u can even boat it all night last I checked just a low speed limit at night.
    OPERATIONS

•RECKLESS OPERATION: No person shall operate a boat, waterski, or similar device in a reckless or negligent manner. The owner and or operator are responsible for any damage caused by their boat, its wake or its tow.

•BOATING ACCIDENTS must be reported immediately to the Lake Patrol.

•SPEED LIMIT: 35 MPH maximum; 10 MPH from sunset to 7:00 a.m.; 5 MPH between buoys indicating same and the shoreline; 3 MPH in Papoose Bay, Canvasback Cove and Mallard Lagoon.

•SAFETY EQUIPMENT: All boats must be equipped according to California Boating Law safety requirements.

•LAUNCHING: Boats requiring trailers may be launched only from designated launch ramps. All other boats may be carried and launched at designated recreational or public access points after obtaining a Boat Permit.

•MOORING or tying to navigational markers is prohibited. Overnight mooring or beaching of boats along the shoreline is prohibited.

•CHILDREN under the age of 13 are required to wear a personal flotation device while on board a vessel that is underway.

I went fishing saturday for 4 hours & managed two decent holdovers both under a lb tho. & a funky looking stocker that was 19". I am sure soon as the weather stays a lil colder in the day it will pop off with the fishing we all love. Great report & thanks for sharing.
    heres a pic of a big bear daddy....

Quote Originally Posted by jrockn View Post
    can't wait to go up there. Gona fish from shore, stil not sure where. ANy suggestions?
    Bring your best carp bait and head to grout bay! Actually... I would go early and start at the dam. Do a little trout fishing there. And once it gets closer to 10-11am go to grout bay and get those carp!

@Bowler - mind sharing where you were connecting with the fishies? Shoreline or in the water?

@Camerone - DANG!!! That's a maxi-craw-daddy - Tasty meal all in a nice package!

We'll be up this weekend. Didn't do well last weekend at Windy Point and the Obversatory. Trying to figure out where and what to target next. Any ideas? Not sure if the dam area, Boulder Bay, or somewhere else.

Cheers,

Eric

I was up there this past weekend for Oktoberfest (Crazy) and drove the wife around the lake on Sunday. We started at the East launch and there were stockers being caught by the beach were people take their dogs. Windy point was nothing happening and Boulder Bay nothing happening either. That might change but I thought I would share.

Dang I better bring my lobster card up there when I go fishing. That dad is huge!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast