Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heading up to Bridgeport area, where to fish Sep 26-29?

Quote Originally Posted by SierraPeaks View Post
    Sweet !
    How's the weed factor at the Rez right now ?
    Not to bad for the most part.

Yeah, I'd go with Bridgeport res or lower twin. I was up at lower twin for a shower on the 24th. The Commarants (stock truck followers) were stacked 10 deep in their tubes just oustide the boat docks. I guess they had a "trophy trout" plant the day before.

I was told no more Alper plants at Virgina. Trumbull was great on a dry fly in the late afternoon.

I fished Upper Twin, lower Virginia, and Reservoir.

Reservoir was by far the best, consistent hook ups, caught 10 fish 2-3 lbs ea by 9:30 am. Kept 5 nice ones, all have bright red meat. Best hour and 1/2 fishing I've experienced in fresh water. The guy that runs the BP Reservoir marina (boat rentals) is kind of a nut though.

Lower Virginia was strange, the fish would barely look at lures except one nice hook up on a rapala. It was probably a 16" brookie, had a bright red belly when jumped, then bounced off the lure. Switched to night crawler pieces and started catching stockers left and right.

Upper Twin wasn't good for me, I should have tried the lower twin instead.

I wish I fished the reservoir on the first day instead of the last, I would of ended up fishing it all 3 mornings.

Camping at Annetts Mono Village was nice, reasonably priced and had all the amenities (including a bar!).
    Last edited by 1HR2BBL; 09-30-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Hi'
    Did you fish the Reservoir from a boat or from shore. Also, what was your setup. Thanks for any info.
    fishin fool

Quote Originally Posted by fishin fool View Post
    Hi'
    Did you fish the Reservoir from a boat or from shore. Also, what was your setup. Thanks for any info.
    fishin fool
    Too many weeds to fish from shore. Rented a boat, $55 half day.

Set up was 2# Izor xxx, 1/8 oz sliding egg sinker, carolina stop, 2 ft leader, #8 bait hook threaded with inflated baby night crawler.

First 2 fish broke the 2# test, next time I'm going with 4#.

Smallest fish was 1.5#, largest that broke off I think was around 4#, all Rainbows. After the next cold snap or two, the browns should start showing more consistently in the mix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12