Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading up to Bridgeport area, where to fish Sep 26-29?

Default Heading up to Bridgeport area, where to fish Sep 26-29?

I'm heading up to the Bridgeport area at the end of September. New moon between Sep 26-29 and afternoon bite should be good too.

I am ideally looking for Alpers or large Browns, fishing from shore using lures (rapalas, Lip Zipper spoons, etc). Looking for the best fishing recommendations, either Virginia lakes (upper or lower) or Twin Lakes BP.

I know Virginia is fishing very good at the moment, but that could change in a couple weeks. My thinking is the browns may be active on Twin Lakes BP near the inlet as the Koko's may start getting ready to spawn at the end of September.

Any thoughts for the best fishing during this time period?
    Last edited by 1HR2BBL; 09-10-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Iv been up a few times this year if you want to get some good browns fish the bridgeport rez from the public boat launch to the dam. Virginias are also a good bet for big alpers late in the season not to mention the smaller model browns and brooks there.

If you fish the rez....the bigger fish are holding at the inlet at Robinsons and near the dam

hey wats up man fish the east walker man their are some nice browns in their. but their are some rules and regulations. you have to fish with lures and the barb has to be barbless you can just pinch the barbs down with pliers and your good to go. and their are some other rules like it has to be bigger then 18 inches i think dont know though check with the dfg

Alright... I'm getting excited for my 4 day trip to Bridgeport next week (Monday-Thursday).

I am planning to camp at Twin Lakes BP, anyone have suggestions on a campground. My GF and I are tenting it with a dog.

Any tips on catching Kokanee from shore?
    Good spots or locations on Twin Lakes?

Latest report from Ken's looks fairly good: http://www.kenssport.com/fishingreports.html

Thanks!

I went to Annett's mono village in the upper twin lake while renting an rv a couple years ago. It was pretty nice plus I got to see the migration of the green/red colored landlocked kokanee go upstream. Fishing is right next to the site. I caught a lot of rainbows at sunrise on mini jigs and saw a couple of giant browns swim by.

I'm heading up in the morning. Been planing this trip for 3 months. The weather looked like it was going to be great all week until last night. Now I see thunderstorms on Wed, Sat and Sun. I think I might head down to North Lake on Friday. I hate camping in the rain.

Bridgeport is fishing well.... landed this gal on Friday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mundo01.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	33118  

Beautiful fish. Thanks for the rpeort

Quote Originally Posted by sb fishing View Post
    Bridgeport is fishing well.... landed this gal on Friday
    Sweet !
    How's the weed factor at the Rez right now ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast