Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Gear info!?

Default Gear info!?

A BROTHA FROM ANOTHA MOTHA AND A VERY DEAR FRIEND OF MINE
    JUST HOOKED ME UP WITH A STURDY STIK.. I WAS WONDERIN IF ANYBODY COULD GIVE ME SOME ADVICE AS TO WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD REEL?!! IT CURRENTLY HAS A SYNERGY SUPREME ON IT BUT THATS FOR FRESHWATER. ALSO IT HAS A ROLLER TIP...
    AM I SUPPOSED TO USE THE POLE WITH THE EYELETS UP OR DOWN? IF THIER DOWN WOULD THE LINE HIT THE ROLLER???ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
    P.S. CAN I USE THIS POLE FOR SURF FISHING?

If that pole has a roller tip, that means it's a trolling rod/bottom bouncing rod most likely.

That'll limit it to those 2 applications, as I can see it being a pain in the rear to cast for surf fishing, or any freshwater applications unless you're on a boat and bait and waiting.

Of course, before responding on what type of reel to put on it, what type of fishing are you to be doing? Fresh? Salt? What species?

Put from first glances, that pole is going to limit you to what you can do with it.

Mainly saltwater, surf fishing, definetley pier fishing for some shark
    anything outta the surf. If i get the chance one day even some duct fishing
    ive read them striped bass and duct cats get pretty big. I found this shiimano tld star 15/30
    on craigslist for $70. It might get heavy but im big!!! It had a shakespeare synergy supreme on it
    but i recently bought a rhino indestructable rod and the reel on that seems better!!!