Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Irvine is the bunkest lake ever

you can also look up irvine lake fishing or dakinebud187 on youtube. i have alot of fishing videos from irvine. i can make you some of the lures i use. im always willing to help people out.

I've only been to Irvine lake 4 times, the first time my cousin and I got skunked, then we went back in november, caught a 3lb or so trout from shore then we got nothing else, I went out in my kick boat and tried a bunch of different spots for nothing, then way out in the middle of no where about 200 yds away from my cousin and family I hook up 2 trout back to back, then got nothing for a while moved to a different spot and eventually ended up where I previously got the 2 bam another one, talked to a guy on a kayak and while sharing with him what I was doing bam another one, 5 fish limit for me for a total of over 10 pounds. Then in April my son and a friend went to the trout season opener, we soak bait for about 2 1/2 hours when HOOK UP I end up playing with this girl (trout fellas) for 10-20 mins or so on 3lb test to bring in the biggest trout of my life up to this point and end up winning the opener with a 10.9 pound trout (she would have weighed more had I paid attention while holding her up and people were taking pictures, she was pumping out eggs like crazy), my son later hooked into a 2.7 pound steel head I believe. Now fast forward to July my son and parents spending my birthday on the lake, we motor on a pontoon rental all the way to the dam, first cast while showing my son how to fish a lip ripperz jig he hooks into a 2-3 lb bass.

So here's the tally, been to Irvine 4 times skunked once, been to corona twice skunked once, been to SARL 16 times skunked 14, now where do you think I'll be fishing for trout this coming season? It sure wont be SARL.

before i moved to california, i had never fished at a pay lake. i grew up 5 minutes from any fishing hole i fished at, salt water or freshwater. when i got stationed at ft irwin i almost cried on thew drive in. actually, i did tear up a bit. then i found out that i was only a couple of hours away from a few bodies of water. when i read that these lakes were stocked, i figured it would be like " shooting fish in a barrel". well, i was wrong. i have skunked half of the times i've gone fishing, if not mkore. but, for me it's more about getting out of the desert and sitting by the water. it would be cool if i could do that without driving for 2 hours, but it sure is a great thing to be able to get away and sit by the water.

Quote Originally Posted by kudogg View Post
    I always hear about these great fishing reports where people "slay" or "kill it" and I must be honest, not only have I NEVER "slayed" or "killed it" but NOBODY I HAVE EVER MET IN PERSON has ever done well at this lake. This is a PRIVATE LAKE, made to MAKE MONEY, and I do not believe they stock this lake any more than a public lake.

btw... I went on August 13 and caught 2 catfish at night. Nobody else on the lake caught anything either. As I always look around at the other boats

I am no Roland Martin, but I am a decent fisherman, and I have indeed "slayed" and "killed". I also fish with other fisherman who are superior to me and they too never catch siht in Irvine.

Every time I go there, I catch 1 or 2 fish and go home. I look at the other boats coming in, and they too, only catch 1 or 2 fish and go home.

Yet, on this forum, I see all these crazy pictures of millions of fish. I'm just posting this out of frustration. I ran into some friends camping and they introduced me to a fishing guru, and he was like, "yeah man, I never catch shhht in Irvine" It's taken me a long time to figure it out but all these reports, in my opinion, are complete nonsense.

I know fishing reports are sometimes, positive, sometimes negative, but this is my opinion.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but IRVINE IS BUNK.
    yea man i feel you totally.

you know where else sucks to go fishing it is horrible i don't think they stock fish at all it is such bunk man The PACIFIC OCEAN man that place sucks ive never seen any fish in the trash cans when ever i go i only catch a few fish it is such bs i don't believe anyone who says the catch a lot of fish in the ocean there liars.

p.s.

member since 2006 and that was your 35 post thanks for the contributing to the community so much. why dont you put in some more reports and post before you bash a lake that does so much and goes so far out of there way for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Heffanio View Post
    Sorry Guys, I didn't mean to dog on your home waters. It used to be one of my favorites, but I ALWAYS catch fish. No matter where I am... Except that lake on that day. Don't throw a battery at me. LOL
    No worries, it all just sounded kinda harsh.
    I don't throw batteries unless you're trying to kill me with your boat.
    tight lines....
    Last edited by hooks; 09-07-2011 at 08:56 PM.

I have never fished irvine but i will say it does get annoying somewhat to a degree to hear come on this site hear how people slay, fish the same lake the day or 2 after a someone "slayed" and get one thing or nothing at all. I dont claim to be the best fisherman alive and i dont call myself a fishing expert not meaning it serioulsly anyway, but to skunk after someone slays hear at the lake how other people got skunked then to hear people say you dont know how to fish the lake is somewhat bothersome in a way. last week I had a freind go to castaic after i showed him a couple of reports on here then he went out there skunked other people skunked and he told me that other people read reports hear on fnn and someother forums of how the bite was going off and wide open or what not. I guess in a way this was a mini rant cuz ive been on a few trips this year and am still trying to fight off the skunk.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

yeah all u guys that get skunked there are going about it the wrong way, u need to change your rigs to adapt to the environment, this is the rig u should use

Last edited by evosamurai; 09-07-2011 at 10:00 PM.

I fish many lakes from pay to "free". It's name is fishing not catching! Irvine has been good to me most the time. Learn what the fish want, when they want it, and how they want it then you will get more fish. I'm not a fan of there reports on here cuz there always the same. " catch cats in the flats, catch trout on the west shore"
    Just go out and fish! Look I have never had any luck at sarl so I know how this guy feels. But I also know it's because I don't put in the time to learn the place. Now LNL I have learned and catch fish all the time because I put the time in! Please don't blame the lake , plant the seed , water it , then bear the fruit!

Quote Originally Posted by kudogg View Post
    I always hear about these great fishing reports where people "slay" or "kill it" and I must be honest, not only have I NEVER "slayed" or "killed it" but NOBODY I HAVE EVER MET IN PERSON has ever done well at this lake. This is a PRIVATE LAKE, made to MAKE MONEY, and I do not believe they stock this lake any more than a public lake.

btw... I went on August 13 and caught 2 catfish at night. Nobody else on the lake caught anything either. As I always look around at the other boats

I am no Roland Martin, but I am a decent fisherman, and I have indeed "slayed" and "killed". I also fish with other fisherman who are superior to me and they too never catch siht in Irvine.

Every time I go there, I catch 1 or 2 fish and go home. I look at the other boats coming in, and they too, only catch 1 or 2 fish and go home.

Yet, on this forum, I see all these crazy pictures of millions of fish. I'm just posting this out of frustration. I ran into some friends camping and they introduced me to a fishing guru, and he was like, "yeah man, I never catch shhht in Irvine" It's taken me a long time to figure it out but all these reports, in my opinion, are complete nonsense.

I know fishing reports are sometimes, positive, sometimes negative, but this is my opinion.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but IRVINE IS BUNK.
    At irvine you just have to find the spots. Im pretty sure they do stock fish each week its just that the lake is so big for the amount of fish they put in. The last time me and my brother went we fished from shore but there was alot of grass. It was hard fishing but we still managed to catch 5. Some guys in front of us in a boat landed 6 that we saw but they were there before we had got there. one time me and my dad went and we caught 8 that night in about an hour and a half. When it gets dark is when they start biting. So i mean theres fish in there you just have to locate them.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast