Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Irvine is the bunkest lake ever

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    do you know how to fish j/k lol//

i don't mess really with that stock
    fish!!!! i go to the grocery store!!!

been fishing irvine since around 82ish,

its one of the close's lakes around that has

wild crappie's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its still a good lake to fish,,,,,

teampanfish

crappiemike
    Hell yeah! There are some HUGE crappies in irvine. My friends and I used to search for suspended crappie in winter.

There are also nice bluegill and redears there, too.

Tons of different forage fish, too. Dont just sit and catfish, look for OTHER species.

What's better, sitting around for hours wondering why the catfish aren't biting, or trying for other fish to break the skunk?

Just my two cents ... : ) i have had good days at Irvine and bad .....what keeps me going back is the good days out weigh the bad :) ... Part of the experience is getting out on the water with family or friends .... on several occasions I have fished alone ,,, and enjoyed myself..... as the saying goes ..." A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work..".. I think all the pay lakes want you to catch fish.. for your return business.. It may take a few visits to learn the habits of the lake... The most important point is to enjoy your time on the water ... regardless of where you are ....just my two cents :)

A friend of mine and I go out there quite often for the catfish season and we catch limit about 80% of the time. You just gotta know where they are hiding. East shore, west shore? The flats are usually a good spot. It does really depend on the weather though because their King of Cats tournament was slow but everyone had expected the cats to be shallow but they were all deep. Winner caught a 16 lbs.

A little comment on the way people describe their fishing adventures........................................ .......... i hate the terms KILL and SLAY and the truth is that only beginners and dorks drunks and wantabes use the term SLAY or KILL!!! fishing is a lifestyle not a hunting trip or anything else but relaxing.I hate the terms people use to describe a calm day on the water looking for some time away from the bullshit of this world.Fishing is a chance to get the city and all its problems behind you while you try to outsmart that bass and untangle your mind, i repeat UNTANGLE YOUR MIND.When i go fishing i like to CATCH a fish not ANIALATE it This is what fishing is all about and this culture we live in and its greed and arrogance as well as its offensive vocabulary does not translate well with a time honored activity.Really!!!
    IN my opinion the great american pastime is fishing and not BASEBALL,
    FISHING IS SACRED
    FISHING KNOWLEDGE IS TO BE PROTECTED
    FISHING IS NOT A LICENCE TO RAPE THE ENVIORNMENT
    PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE....... AND BUY YOUR ******* FISH DINNER AT LONG JOHN SILVERS
    If you have to kill everything you come in contact with to show others how cool you are than why dont you stay home and play x box

Quote Originally Posted by itsagooddaytofish View Post
    A little comment on the way people describe their fishing adventures........................................ .......... i hate the terms KILL and SLAY and the truth is that only beginners and dorks drunks and wantabes use the term SLAY or KILL!!! fishing is a lifestyle not a hunting trip or anything else but relaxing.I hate the terms people use to describe a calm day on the water looking for some time away from the bullshit of this world.Fishing is a chance to get the city and all its problems behind you while you try to outsmart that bass and untangle your mind, i repeat UNTANGLE YOUR MIND.When i go fishing i like to CATCH a fish not ANIALATE it This is what fishing is all about and this culture we live in and its greed and arrogance as well as its offensive vocabulary does not translate well with a time honored activity.Really!!!
    FISHING IS SACRED
    PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE....... AND BUY YOUR ******* FISH DINNER AT LONG JOHN SILVERS
    If you have to kill everything you come in contact with to show others how cool you are than why dont you stay home and play x box
    I hate when someone who claims to not to be a beginner, dork drunk or wannabe comes on here and spews his BS. It's NONE of your business who keeps what they catch.
    And if you don't know it genius, unless you're fishing bass or giant catfish, the vine is NOT a catch and release lake. If this is all you have to ***** about, maybe you should stay home and play your xbox fishing game and live in your own perfect fishing world.
    Give everyone else a break, huh. No one asked for you for your hate filled opinions anyway.
    Last edited by hooks; 11-03-2011 at 08:03 AM.

FISHING IS SACRED
    While I would agree that those terms do not describe the act of fishing very well I think you are being WAY too sensitive and some that use those terms are very active in the fishing community and helping others and youth learn the act of fishing and far from being beginners, wantabees etc... The idea that fishing is like hunting is VERY accurate and is the roots of fishing, the roots of fishing are not with C&R only people they are with people that fished to provide food on the table.

I love a good striper HUNT, which to me is not dunking bait and pulling up a limit for the neighborhood, it's going on a hike with some swimbaits or better yet topwater and maybe if I'm lucky pulling out one nice fish, which is very close to the act of hunting deer let's say.

Relaxing? Ok if your sitting on shore with a six pack and a lounge chair but there are many other types of fishing to be done that can be an intense experience and a good workout, far from relaxing but for me very rewarding.

To each his own huh?

the dudes just trolling around. He posted it up in other parts of this forum. He's a turd roller. If you thought sandbass were turd rollers, you were wrong. He is the turd roller.

Default Knowing the lake

Are you guys washing your hands .LOL .Thats why its called fishing not catching.It all about being in the right spot.Once you've figured that lake out your percentages increase.My body who fished from the shore line saw them boiling all around but they weren't biting .He threw the arsenal at them.He's a good fishermen.Rememeber theses are stock trout they come from a farm and I know alote of you have been to a trout farm.When they get stocked they swim in a circle for a few days before they disperse into the lake .That's why some guy next to you could look like a pro at a lake because he's on the trout that are going in a circle's in his spot .You can be right next him and catch nothing .That's why I just rent a boat and nail them on lead core I always limit out .

FISHING IS SACRED
    bro you really are messing up this early, are you trying to break the record for the fastest banned person on this site or do you just enjoy trolling. actually was he banned already.
    Last edited by fish-o-haulic; 11-05-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213