Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Irvine is the bunkest lake ever

Default Irvine is the bunkest lake ever

I always hear about these great fishing reports where people "slay" or "kill it" and I must be honest, not only have I NEVER "slayed" or "killed it" but NOBODY I HAVE EVER MET IN PERSON has ever done well at this lake. This is a PRIVATE LAKE, made to MAKE MONEY, and I do not believe they stock this lake any more than a public lake.

btw... I went on August 13 and caught 2 catfish at night. Nobody else on the lake caught anything either. As I always look around at the other boats

I am no Roland Martin, but I am a decent fisherman, and I have indeed "slayed" and "killed". I also fish with other fisherman who are superior to me and they too never catch siht in Irvine.

Every time I go there, I catch 1 or 2 fish and go home. I look at the other boats coming in, and they too, only catch 1 or 2 fish and go home.

Yet, on this forum, I see all these crazy pictures of millions of fish. I'm just posting this out of frustration. I ran into some friends camping and they introduced me to a fishing guru, and he was like, "yeah man, I never catch shhht in Irvine" It's taken me a long time to figure it out but all these reports, in my opinion, are complete nonsense.

I know fishing reports are sometimes, positive, sometimes negative, but this is my opinion.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but IRVINE IS BUNK.

Irvine is a good lake. but like all fishing. sometimes you catch them and sometime you don't. I would say i catch fish about 20-30% of my trips. That means i DON'T catch any fish 70-80% of the time. Is it the lake? NO. It's the fish, the conditions, the location your fishing in and the setup and bait used.

Hire a guide like Donny S. and you will see it's not the lake. I only go to Irvine when the conditions are good for the fish i target. Even then you will have a hard time. I have had days at Irvine when i catch 50-100 fish. Then i'll go the next day and not catch one. same place same bait. That's fishing buddy.

Hope you have better luck next time if you go. Try the lake during trout season. It seems to be the easy to catch time of the year.

Default That's funny

I came to the same conculsion several years ago. What really confirmed it to me, was when I would look in the trash can by the cleaning station at the end of the night and only see three dead catfish heads in it. Ya Ya I know someone always catches some fish, and say's to you buddy you don't know to fish for them, which is probablly true. But if you were to interview 100 people and only 10 people really caught fish would you take those odds. Also add up the price, the only really good reason to fish for catfish at the vine is for a monster catfish. The kind that's 30lbs or bigger but alas I have a theory on that there all dead. If you want to debate that bring it on. The DFG is now stocking the regional parks thru Nov. The fish are only a little bit smaller and you can catch and release to your hearts content and the best part it's FREE FREE FREE with a fishing license.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-07-2011 at 01:44 PM.

i discovered this a few years ago and will never be back.

the fact of the matter is they plant the same amount of fish as they did 5 years ago but there are 10 times as many fisherman now on a daily basis. i'm talking about trout season btw. i can't imagine the cat fishing season to be any better.

there are some guys on here who do well on a consistent basis. i'm a pretty good fisherman and i can't catch a damn thing there. lol

I dunno what irvine lake your fishing but the one i fish slays! lol. You just gotta figure out the fish man. Have you ever heard the saying 10 percent of fishermen catch 90 percent of the fish? That is VERY true in my eyes because usually only 10 percent know what there really doing. If your gonna go again and want any pointers pm me id be glad to help you out

I don't always fish Irvine but when I do...I SKUNK!

Tight lines my friends!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50553_104198290097_5724362_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	32693  

Default I may have to agree on this one - Late report (I was reluctant to share)

I have been floating around Perris and DVL mainly but because of the scorching heat we decided it may be WORTH the extra $40 and go to Irvine. I was wrong... It was still 100* out there.

Irvine USED to be my favorite until this summer. I would rent a boat one or twice a summer and go out there looking for lmb. In years past I would do pretty good, get alot of bites and boat maybe 2-5 good size fish in a half day rental boat.

But now I have my own boat (finally) and we went out on the 28th a couple weeks ago. I thought it would be busting loose.... but NAY I say. We got there about 10 and It was completely DEAD most of the day. I didn't even see arches on the graphs. I got ONE single bite at 3:30 just about the time the patrol came around to kick us off. It ended up being a good solid 2 lb largemouth, but it was A LOT of work for just one fish. I only saw 3-4 other boats fishing and they were shaking their heads and exchanging looks of frustration. Maybe it was the heat??

But what was WORSE than a near skunk?? Irvine is on "The List".....??
    The list of lakes infected with mussels. I was at Perris on Monday and they ALMOST did not let me on because I was at Irvine a week prior. But because I didn't head up until Monday and I was at Irvine on Sunday I was clear of the 7 day quarantine.
    And unfortunately they don't go out of their way to tell you this.

$60 in fees to catch ONE Largemouth?? And get barred from EVERY other lake for 7 days?!? I'd say... not worth it. Unless you want to go to a RAVE

Quote Originally Posted by fishindude420 View Post
    I dunno what irvine lake your fishing but the one i fish slays! lol. You just gotta figure out the fish man. Have you ever heard the saying 10 percent of fishermen catch 90 percent of the fish? That is VERY true in my eyes because usually only 10 percent know what there really doing. If your gonna go again and want any pointers pm me id be glad to help you out
    Figure out the fish and the lake. That is so true in my book.

kuudog,
    I "SLAYED" them on the 13th. Maybe you just don't know what your doing or are doing it in the wrong place.
    You and the Capt. don't have to go there, more fish for me and everyone else. You're wrong and that's fine but I get to post my opinion too.

What are you guys talking about? Irvine is "The Lake That Wants You to Catch Fish"! Lol

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast