Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South lake thread

Glad to hear you did good out there sierrapeaks...I experience the same situation most days, weeding through the regular trout to get to the big ones is part of the game....thankfully having so many regular fish to weed through is a good problem to have hahaha. I got a 3lber on Monday...first fish of the day and then it was stocker-ville from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty View Post
    Glad to hear you did good out there sierrapeaks...I experience the same situation most days, weeding through the regular trout to get to the big ones is part of the game....thankfully having so many regular fish to weed through is a good problem to have hahaha. I got a 3lber on Monday...first fish of the day and then it was stocker-ville from then on.
    It was a great trip Jared. I let myself get a little jacked up over the two SCE Alpers plants and did something I never do...I expected too much and then was a bit disappointed when I didn't get into some bigguns.

But hey...I was at South Lake...in perfect weather. What can possibly be bad about that eh ?

By the way...thanks for letting us take the boats out before the marina opened. We were back at the inlets at sunup and it was awesome.

Yup damn shame a simple report had to go down the toilet, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE IN SOCAL View Post
    You need more than 3 post here to start slinging accusations. Take your cane pole and power bait and go sit in the corner til we say it's ok to come play with us.
    SIS My comment was directed at Jared, whom I have met, not you. Obviously your 100 posts have taught you little in reading comprehension as well as manners. So can it.

From previous postings I knew that the posters in question had worked for Jared and from what I have seen and heard about Jared, their posts were not inline with the quality individual I thought he was. I was stating my opinion that if people like that were working for him, then indeed shame on him. I never insinuated Jared had anything to do with their comments.

Jared You are correct. If they are not in your employment, you are not responsible for what they say or how they act. In my opinion if they still were employed, that would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by whittierte View Post
    SIS My comment was directed at Jared, whom I have met, not you. Obviously your 100 posts have taught you little in reading comprehension as well as manners. So can it.

From previous postings I knew that the posters in question had worked for Jared and from what I have seen and heard about Jared, their posts were not inline with the quality individual I thought he was. I was stating my opinion that if people like that were working for him, then indeed shame on him. I never insinuated Jared had anything to do with their comments.

Jared You are correct. If they are not in your employment, you are not responsible for what they say or how they act. In my opinion if they still were employed, that would be different.
    If you don't want someone commenting on your posts, then send a PM...that's how it works. In fact, maybe you should stay on the bench til you know who the good guys are, and not start throwing accusations willy nilly. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by SierraPeaks View Post
    Absolutely Huck. Jared's a top notch guy. And South Lake can't be beat for its beauty. I've been fishing the Eastern Sierras for a little over 30 years and have caught big fish at every lake and creek in the ES. It just didn't happen this time. How some people took that as a rag on South Lake or perhaps the staff up there...is beyond me.

By the way...LMAO at your Cheerios comment. But I don't think that was the case...as the poster is still on Gerber's and has a ways to go before he graduates to solid food.
    The original post started by none other then SierraPeaks read as a rag on South Lake. Its a shame that last thread was closed because someones feelings got hurt when called a prick. Then to try and look tough SierraPeaks threatens two members (jeff4321 and GotBass?) who post about his "disappointment". Now here he is starting another thread so he can continue his rant but this time on the two memebers.

Get over yourself...

The fact jeff posted on it again proves the point that your post read as a rag on South Lake.

I have no affiliation with South Lake other then the fact I fish it and consider it one of the best fisheries you can drive to on the eastern sierras.

SP, Im not sure if this post is so you can continue to spout your bullsheet or try and restore a poor reputation. Either way looks like someones upset and wants others to pout with him. My offer still stands if you want to grow a pair.
    Last edited by GotBass?; 09-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.

I'm up there this Thurs - Mon Jared and if I can talk my dumbass buddies out of fishing the loop all 4 days, they I will definitely swing by and chuckle at the fact that a South Lake post got locked down like a DVL post.

Too funny!

Thank you for the report. I enjoyed reading it. Some of the comments from the local Alpers gang...not so much. Although there are Alpers to be had still in South Lake, being around when the Alpers truck shows up makes it a tad easier to hang a few.
    LOL the picture of the 4 alpers infront of Parchers were caught in one 6 hour outing weeks after the first alpers plant. The late season coupled with the still rising lake waters were the perfect conditions we trout scouts were looking for and it paid off in a huge way that weekend, 5 fish over 3.5lbs with a 6 and a 9 whacked on the same day.

South Lake was pure EPIC.

Some of us have put in a lot of time and work. If you want to discredit someone on here, tell everyone they hook em and cook em! Not that they hang around the alpers truck, LOL. You ever tried catching freshly stocked fish? They are usually in more of a shock then a feeding frenzy.

Jared. If you have anything to do with the posters who are out of line, shame on you.
    Jared has nothing to do with this.

To see the original post as a rag on South Lake makes me believe your not to bright, and then posting your stupid message just confirms it. Here is a guy reporting we was bummed out that he didn't get bigger fish, how is that a rag on South Lake. Here is a guy who has been fishing the Sierras longer than you have probably been alive and knows a helluva lot about being a true fisherman than you. There is no call to be calling people names for a honest post. Thats immature and stupid. Trout scouts....LMAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by GotBass? View Post
    The original post started by none other then SierraPeaks read as a rag on South Lake. Its a shame that last thread was closed because someones feelings got hurt when called a prick. Then to try and look tough SierraPeaks threatens two members (jeff4321 and GotBass?) who post about his "disappointment". Now here he is starting another thread so he can continue his rant but this time on the two memebers.

Get over yourself...

The fact jeff posted on it again proves the point that your post read as a rag on South Lake.

I have no affiliation with South Lake other then the fact I fish it and consider it one of the best fisheries you can drive to on the eastern sierras.

SP, Im not sure if this post is so you can continue to spout your bullsheet or try and restore a poor reputation. Either way looks like someones upset and wants others to pout with him. My offer still stands if you want to grow a pair.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast