Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New SFV Fisherman

Default New SFV Fisherman

Well as the title suggests I'm from the San Fernando Valley, Pacoima to be exact. I joined this forum to learn and get more into fishing. Such as good places to fish around the area, what fish each area generally has, and around which months I should go. What kind of bait and lines to use. I really don't know much. Any advice and suggestions is always welcomed. Thanks!

Well your best bet it to start with the basics get 8 lb quality line get some plastics for the bass (roboworms,senkos )you will carolina rig these or drop shot them, maybe a couple of crank baits and some time on the water. plus you do have carp in the area u can try for thoses but i cant help on giant gold fish

PACAS in the house. Welcome brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by headcase881 View Post
    Well your best bet it to start with the basics get 8 lb quality line get some plastics for the bass (roboworms,senkos )you will carolina rig these or drop shot them, maybe a couple of crank baits and some time on the water. plus you do have carp in the area u can try for thoses but i cant help on giant gold fish
    Thanks for the advice, and see I'm such a noobie that you lost me at the whole carolina rig part lol and yeah I went to azusa with a friend of mine to go fishing for some carp last friday night. I believe it was by the San Gabriel Dam? not sure exactly but right in Angeles National Forest. My friend and his dad each caught one, i got nothing -_-

Quote Originally Posted by JSAUCE818 View Post
    PACAS in the house. Welcome brotha.
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by headcase881 View Post
    Where are the carp around here? I live in Winnetka and don't know anyplace with carp except Balboa park.

SNAKE we should hook this guy up

Quote Originally Posted by HBAR View Post
    SNAKE we should hook this guy up
    Please do, complete noob here.

Quote Originally Posted by jowo View Post
    Where are the carp around here? I live in Winnetka and don't know anyplace with carp except Balboa park.
    The one place I went for carp I believe was the San Gabriel Reservoir near Azusa

Quote Originally Posted by ixta70 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, and see I'm such a noobie that you lost me at the whole carolina rig part lol and yeah I went to azusa with a friend of mine to go fishing for some carp last friday night. I believe it was by the San Gabriel Dam? not sure exactly but right in Angeles National Forest. My friend and his dad each caught one, i got nothing -_-

Thanks !
    A carolina rig is just a way to tie your bait onto your line that allows you to fish a certain way. Mainly used to fish for bass

http://bass-angling.com/catching-bass-carolina-rig/
    and heres a good video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sqgZaQWM-w

Good luck!

Welcome, have fun!

Welcome to the site.
    Robert
    <><