Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trout rod and reel question

phenix arent the best and are heavy rods but they are built well and make every buyer think the have a custom rod. the best of the best would be a custom wraped sage fly blank with titanium alconite guides and a full cork handle with graphite tennesee reel seat or tape/ shrink wrap the reel on.

wth are you doing to them?

Quote Originally Posted by the killa fish taco View Post
    wth are you doing to them?
    First one broke at Crowley, didn't realize it until the fish was almost to shore and then I saw the last 6" of the rod sticking out of the fish's mouth. Second two broke on different trips at Irvine Lake passing them into boats. No reason any should have broken, and not about to pay anything for a replacement. I know some very reputable saltwater guys who love the saltwater Phenix stix so if it's the same company, they have one good line. The ones that broke on me were early models, couple of years ago, so maybe there was a defect that has been corrected? I hope so but will never know becuase I won't buy another.

st.croix the ones still made in usa.And a good Shimano 1000.

try a fenwick elite tech river runner..its made for trout the action is great and it goes for about 120 at bass pro shop.. i love mine, its paired with a abu garcia cardinal i use 4lb florocarbon its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fishreaper View Post
    try a fenwick elite tech river runner..its made for trout the action is great and it goes for about 120 at bass pro shop.. i love mine, its paired with a abu garcia cardinal i use 4lb florocarbon its awesome
    I love mine! What size do you have? I have a 7'6".

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony I. View Post
    If you find/know anybody selling a phenix trout rod for that price... I'll buy it. :)
    I got one for you: FX661-2 $140.00

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan951 View Post
    i forgot to ask should i go with a medium light or just light? and what lenght do u recomend? im looking in to i belive the shimano sedona do those things cast far out with small jigs ?
    I have this reel, and I can throw anything across a lake with it. The combo of the small jig and 2# line is perfetct for making long casts.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    I love mine! What size do you have? I have a 7'6".
    same as you in reverse its a 6'7" i love it. i have a buddy who swears i need to buy a phenix but thats way out of my price range and the fenwick is beast

hey well thanx every1 for the advice i think im set on the rod and reel and line im going to get a sedona reel and i belive a TFO rod that combo seems to be in my price range most of the other reels i would love to get but if the rod is more then 120 or 130 that means i dont have room to buy my reel and i want both so i think i made up my mind

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123