Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trout rod and reel question

Default trout rod and reel question

well my b-day is coming up and i have a chance to get a new rod and reel.. im loooking for a trout set up since what i have are only the 20 dollar BPS combos they have. dont get me wrong i have caught plenty fish with those but i think its time to step up my game and try the whole jiggin game. My budget is going to be no more then 150 and that has to include line in there also . so what do u guys think would be a good set up ??

150 total go with a TFO 7' light rod (they are a g Loomis design) and go with a shimano Sedona 1000 reel. You can get all that at BPS. Buy some Izorline 2# and ur ready to slay. PM me if u have any questions.

Hit up Turners for 40% off any Abu Garcia Cardinal. In your price range, I'd recommend the 501 or 601 for $70 or $80 (retail), respectively. 40% off that retail price and you have about $100 left over to spend on a rod.

you can try daiwa spinmatic or daiwa heartland series. As for reels like trout daddy mentioned shimano sedona or the sienna, also daiwa crossfire reel

Or you could take $130 - $140 and find a used Phenix trout rod to use with a reel you already own while you save up for a new reel.

You might wanna look at the new Blackrock rod or a Used Phenix rod. You can buy a Abu Garcia Cardinal 100u 101u 300u or 301u or a Shimano Sedona 500 750 or 1000 the BIGGEST. You'll be set.

i forgot to ask should i go with a medium light or just light? and what lenght do u recomend? im looking in to i belive the shimano sedona do those things cast far out with small jigs ?

If you find/know anybody selling a phenix trout rod for that price... I'll buy it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Hit up Turners for 40% off any Abu Garcia Cardinal. In your price range, I'd recommend the 501 or 601 for $70 or $80 (retail), respectively. 40% off that retail price and you have about $100 left over to spend on a rod.
    just got off the phone with turners in corona and sale was over last thursday so i think im going to get the shimano sedona

check ebay for stuff, i just got a 7'6" elixer for $90 brand new...they also have reels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast