Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarl skunk!

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    Honestly sarl corona and irvine are great catfish lakes, i dont generally down either one purposely at least. But i hear of more skunks at corona LOL just saying hahaha.
    yeah man corona is a harder lake to fish, if u don't know how to fish, u will get skunked. Sarl is a bit easier because u can catch fish from shore, and a lot. Corona is a different story, if ur not on a boat, u have way less chances to get at the fish.

it is not easier to catch fish at sarl. u just have to know the spots. corona is the same. my friend and his dad went last week to do a 24hr sesh and they caught around 60 cats. they released the smaller ones and kept 30 of the bigger ones. 3 of them pushin 13lbs. they left at 2:30am. u just have to know the spots where they bite.
    Last edited by mjc89; 09-01-2011 at 10:23 PM.

I've only recently started fishing again and only have about 2 years experience on SARL, but I have NEVER seen a lake so dependent on just a few spots. There is next to no structure whatsoever in that watered down ditch. If you don't know the 5 or so spots that DO produce, you're going home empty. That said, I love that darn lake, if only for the flexible hours it lets me fish. Keep at it and you'll figure it out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Doctor View Post
    I've only recently started fishing again and only have about 2 years experience on SARL, but I have NEVER seen a lake so dependent on just a few spots. There is next to no structure whatsoever in that watered down ditch. If you don't know the 5 or so spots that DO produce, you're going home empty. That said, I love that darn lake, if only for the flexible hours it lets me fish. Keep at it and you'll figure it out eventually.
    Ya pretty much how it is, i know several lakes like that only about 5 good spots but and its the same spots too, but the spots just get taken to quickly.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

i gotta give SARL a try... maybe a 24hr session.

Quote Originally Posted by catfish 17 View Post
    I don't fish sarl a lot, but like totempole said, the fish are in there, and lot's of em. It's weird that u didn't even get a single bite. Maybe ur setup was wrong? I like night fishing better, and as everyone knows, cats bite at night better. Don't get me wrong though, people catch em during the day too.
    i always go to sarl 6-4, and i always get bites every hour especially in the morning. i tried their night fishing and the bites are great as they are in the morning. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. i am currently researching on saltwater for calico and im almost confident i can catch at least one . a boat is always a plus cause u can go to places shore fishing cannot. but for starters fish at the boat docks, or chris's pond all corners.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODWARD7 View Post
    try fresh mackeral and sarl is a pretty ****** lake i know many people that get skunked there. they dont stock as much as they say they do. ur better off renting a boat at irvine the rentals are way better and on thurs fri sat u can fish from 6am to 12am. the cats are biting big time right now i suggest u try there.
    yes use fresh macks not the frozen ones cause 1 they flake to fast n im thinking the cats know whats fresh n not. and no they stock these lakes well. come one twice a week. i can vouch for them saying i have seen the trucks and see them stock all 3 lakes for sarl n stock corona wellllll. Irvine is great but watch out for the jackasses that speed on the lake. u dont want to get hit by those idiots...

In sunny warm weather, channels will be hiding in shade, or in deeper water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12