Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LMB personal best at Lake Perris 08/27/11

jpod- Personal Water Craft: Jet Skis, Sea Doos, etc.. Sometimes the people driving those fast little watercrafts do not see a small single float tuber, so if there's several tubers together, they are more apt to be seen. Safety in numbers. Bright colors on the float tube and fisherman's clothing helps to be seen also.

Grats, dude.

Nice tube setup.

Hey kel nice fish man, and on 2 lb test.. congrats

Thanks, wish I could take credit for the pole set up but I got the idea from here:
    http://www.fishinglakes.com/advanced...be_rigging.htm
    There were two PWC's doing donuts not far from us which kept us on our toes.
    There was a boat full of people over where we were fishing and it must have looked like the fish was dragging my tube as I was kicking backwards to keep up with the fish. After I landed the fish I could hear them clapping.
    I love fishing from that tube, such a different experience then fishing any other way. I wish I could find where the crappie are holding. I have an old topo map of Lake Perris and I can see some mounds and the tire reef but haven't found any structure.
    Well just as I start to learn more about the lake it will be trout season and I will head back up the mountain. I like tubing in trunks and will need to get some breathable waders for the fall as my neoprenes are a little hot unless the water is pretty cold.

Congrats! Thx for the read... nice report!

Thats one tricked out tube setup!

"I was kicking hard to keep up"...WTG Kelster!!....NICE BASS!....GOOD TIMES!!!!....thanks for the report and pics!!.....Gotta Love Lake Perris. I'm missing out this year

dam i need a tube.nice fish!

Quote Originally Posted by SirBluegill View Post
    Way to go out there Kelster, I love fishing that side of the lake. You got a nice float tube setup I like how you angled the rod holders.
    The angled holders work great when I have to carry the tube, put the poles in the angled holders and strap the tube on my back. Trolling is easier with them angled.

Dude!! Awesome pig, congrats!!!! Pretty soon your gonna have to start guiding there, your getting to know that lake well. Excellent fishing skills bringing it in on 2lb test!

I've learned a lot from some great folks here on FNN and on the water. Just learn the basics and get out in the water and have some fun. Having the float tube has opened up so many possibilities that shoreline fishing and even from a boat doesn't allow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast