Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LMB personal best at Lake Perris 08/27/11

Like fishmounter said, great gear setup! Angled rod holder, with the ability to sway in any direction, is critical when you're trolling in the tube. Perfect time to sit in a tube and have a bit of fun before the winter hits. After that, it's all about keeping warm from there on in. Hope you guys are ready!

Wow! That's an awesome setup, oh, and congrats on the catches! I'm new to all of this, but I keep hearing about how Lake Perris has been hot all summer. I must make a trip out there.

Kelster- Hey nice talking to you on the phone last Friday. Hope my Lake Perris tip helped you (looks like it did-cool!) Thanks for showing us that great website for making float tube rod holders, etc. Very informative and some great photos to help. Also wanted to ask you, and I'm sure other fishermen are curious too... what brand of 2 lb test did you use?

Congrats nothing better than a nice day on the lake topped off with a PB.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Kelster- Hey nice talking to you on the phone last Friday. Hope my Lake Perris tip helped you (looks like it did-cool!) Thanks for showing us that great website for making float tube rod holders, etc. Very informative and some great photos to help. Also wanted to ask you, and I'm sure other fishermen are curious too... what brand of 2 lb test did you use?
    FM@ Yep, it got me started in the right direction off of the road then I kicked around for 3-4 hrs for the BG and when I saw what headcase was doing I changed up and went DS w/ a plastic worm but always troll a super duper or jig. I had one break me off a little earlier so I loosened the drag a smidgen. I really don't know what brand it was. I remember I bought it at Turners and it was mono, probably Berkely as I remember it was a red box, but don't know for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123