Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H.B. Pier Great White?

Default H.B. Pier Great White?

Has anyone seen the pics or the video on youtube of the shark caught off the H.B. pier Monday 8/22/11? Supposedly a Mako (that's what the angler's called it)? But look's like a juvenile GW?
    Last edited by Hooked Up; 08-23-2011 at 08:10 PM.

just watched it, it's sad.

Yup, Great White for sure....

Not sure but could be a salmon shark. Eyes are pretty far up on the head.

<><
    KP

Quote Originally Posted by GotBass? View Post
    Thanks for the video GotBass_ If I could figure out how to put up the pics with the Warden in one of the pics next to the shark I would.

****** dumb asses

It don't surprise me cuz I see them guys at newport when I go for some cat food snagging anything and everything they can.. people like them make us Mexicans look bad and for that I say SORRY guys don't think we are all like that ..

Sure looks like a Great White to me. Pretty sad, Im sure they have no clue nor care about regulations. With all the ppl on that pier on any given day, they still gaff that shark. Either they are idiots, or dont know the law... probably both though.

Yhea just cause you don't need a license to fish from the pier doesn't exempt you from the laws. You are still responsible to know the rules & regs. Did you see the size of those treble hooks? Man & they kept saying gaff they snagged the thing once it was on the line. Yhea that was no mako. What a bunch of idiots. thats too bad. Can't keep Great White either just how many violations did they commit?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast