Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Irvine lake questions

Default Irvine lake questions

Thinking about going tomorrow for some cats. Is it worth it tomorrow? Any spots? Would I need to rent a boat to have a better chance?

i would say friday is better. get there early and stay late. time on the water means better chance of fish. try boat dock cove. nobody is fishing it. its going to explode

your best bet is to go on the weekend so you can get the night bite. thanks to Irvine's size and many coves and other such structure Irvine has a ton of catfish so time of week honestly wont mater as far as amount of fish in the lake.

but if you can, go on a Friday or Saturday that way you can fish at night. also even if you go early in the morning it is still only $22 to fish all day and yea if you want to maximize your chances rent a boat so you can get away from the loud shore line. look for any trees in the water any brush sticking out of the water any brush hanging over the water so basically go to the flats although almost every square inch of Irvine has structure so just try one fishy looking spot after the next

rent a boat and fish in the trees with shrimp and mackeral.

Shore is ok at times but u truly need a boat to fish the lake

Do they sell mackerel at the Irvine bait shop and do they supply the lights for night time fishing on their rental boats? I'll be there tomorrow night with a few buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Do they sell mackerel at the Irvine bait shop and do they supply the lights for night time fishing on their rental boats? I'll be there tomorrow night with a few buddies.
    YES and no lights (bring your own), cheap glow sticks that barely work....
    Last edited by hooks; 08-26-2011 at 09:15 AM.