Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whittier narrows lake!!!

Default Whittier narrows lake!!!

Ive read alot of people write smack about legg lake. Me the wife and kids were sittin round the house bored so we decided to go walk round legg lake. I bought my pole just to practice casting, i kept feeln nibbles my wife was sayn it wasnt anything. As we're leavin the park im trolling the shore line just for fun, as im walking up on some guys fishing one yells out i got something!!! So i reel in my line and run over BAM!!! A BIG OLE SIX POUND BASS!!! I would have never believed it had i not seen it with my own to very large eye balls. THERES FISH IN THE NARROWS!!!

I hope it was released or the Legulars will get ya..."Ill get the popcorn"

Of course there's fish in there just don't go advertising it! A good amount of people respect the fishery and take an active role in keeping the fishery alive through catch and release. I hope though for the sake of the lake that you released the bass because the lake isn't what it used to be as compared to a decade ago.

Anyways, congrats on your bass it's always a stellar feeling when one lands a chunk fish.

You should have told him to throw it back. That was probly the last fish in the lake.

Default The Double " L"

Nice to know it has fish in it. thx

Quote Originally Posted by Trial and Error View Post
    You should have told him to throw it back. That was probly the last fish in the lake.
    he did, took a quick pic and back in it went. Nah we saw lots of monsters start jumpn as the sun set!!!

Whoops now I feel foolish for not reading your post correctly.

Yeah, I know there are fish in that lake. I have caught some, and I have seen some caught. There are lots of panfish and lots of bass to eat them. I've caught catfish and koi and lots of redear there. There are even supposed to be some big carp in there. I was there Thursday to fish the afternoon and evening for the carp and catfish. I tried everything I knew in what looked like a real nice spot and...I got skunked again at Legg Lake. Some old guy came by and told me there were no fish in that lake. I know they're in there, I just wonder why I have such a hard time getting them out.

there are alot bigger in there....i've seen them caught up to 14 lbs

We used to fish all night for catfish there at the main lake where the little "stream" goes in. We would hide under the little bridge when a police car would go driving by. We caught some real giant Channel Catfish on Bonita chunks and also balls of Velvetta cheese. Bass were good too on Rattle traps. In the morning when it would get light, people were amazed at the size of the catfish and bass we had. After a couple of photos, we would let them go. I'm talking about 10 to 22 lb catfish and 2 to 6 lb bass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast