Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jigs and Rig Setup while fishing for Strippers [Newbie Question]

Default Jigs and Rig Setup while fishing for Strippers [Newbie Question]

Hi, sorry for the newbie question but i didn't have much success on my first trip to Diamond Valley a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if I can get some advice on some proper setups for fishing DVL. I'm targeting strippers. Also which area of the lake would bring about the most success? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by larry626 View Post
    I'm targeting strippers.
    There's your problem. Your at the wrong place.

Haha.. Striped bass.

Quote Originally Posted by fishstory View Post
    There's your problem. Your at the wrong place.

lol, I just posted a similar thread. Hopefully we can get help here.

Larry,

Lots and lots of "one's". Make it rain and they will appear! lmao

Seems like most of the folks here will not offer much advice, not sure how to effectively target the DVL stripers, I've caught fish trolling a 4" zoom fluke on a 3/16 scrounger lead head and a 4 oz torpedo sinker tied on a 3 way swivel. I've seen people catch on rapala Ice jigs, and white shad swim baits. Most of the fish right now are from 40 - 70 ft down. Sounds like people are catch fish trolling, not sure what there trolling. Saw alot of bait and wait folks on the bouy line sat. but only one fish caught when I passed by. Didn't see much striper action but diamond bear did very well trolling from his report. I saw 1 striper landed around 7 lb on a flylined anchovie over by the quarry on the east end.

we ended up catching lots of bass on dropshot senkos, and some really big bluegill. but struck out on the stripers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestre909 View Post
    Larry,

Lots and lots of "one's". Make it rain and they will appear! lmao
    LOL...you beat me to the punch!
    Last edited by HawgStalker; 08-15-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Tuna: thanks for responding. When trolling, do you just toss your line in at a certain depth with a plastic jig and run around the bank of the lake? A bit new to trolling for fish.

Quote Originally Posted by tunagod1 View Post
    Seems like most of the folks here will not offer much advice, not sure how to effectively target the DVL stripers, I've caught fish trolling a 4" zoom fluke on a 3/16 scrounger lead head and a 4 oz torpedo sinker tied on a 3 way swivel. I've seen people catch on rapala Ice jigs, and white shad swim baits. Most of the fish right now are from 40 - 70 ft down. Sounds like people are catch fish trolling, not sure what there trolling. Saw alot of bait and wait folks on the bouy line sat. but only one fish caught when I passed by. Didn't see much striper action but diamond bear did very well trolling from his report. I saw 1 striper landed around 7 lb on a flylined anchovie over by the quarry on the east end.

we ended up catching lots of bass on dropshot senkos, and some really big bluegill. but struck out on the stripers.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgStalker View Post
    LOL...you beat me to the punch!
    What's this infatuation with a typo? it's quite funny though :)

Dont mean to offend...I've done it too! Posting reports with wrong dates...lol!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast