Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: S.W.A.T. Fresh & Salt Mission 8/12, 8/13 - Plus FOUR Bonus Reports!

OH MAN AN YODA AND BIHN SPOTTING IN ONE POST,,,,,,,,,, ARTHUR I SO LOVE THAT TORE UP SWIMBAIT PIC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

Execellent reports guys. I enjoyed reading and re-reading every single one of em. Hopefully it'll pay off next time I hit the surf.

Arthur, thank you bro for taking me under your wings and showing the ways of the surf. Sorry it took me so long to come around, but better late than never, lol. I been surf fishing from the shore with bait, but the SWAT style attack is alot more fun, and alot more work. Yes you're right, never get too comfortable in the surf, always be on the look out for the unexpected. As I found out the hard way by not paying attention. Totally submerged my reel. Eventhough i didn't catch anything, learned alot and had a blast fishing with you and the rest of the guys. Frank, Marc and Nick were so nice to me and I appreciate the encouragement I received from all of you. Let's do it again soon.

By the way, thanks for letting me take the legal halibut home. My mom said to tell you thank you. I'll try to catch my own next time.

Arthur,
    I'm sorry I missed this opportunity but the late heads up caught me off guard and I already made plans with Bill to hopefully get him on his first legal hali. You guys did much better up north than we did in the OC but it's all good.
    It's great to see Frank back in the saddle and of course.....
    Barfbeat on the sand
    I think our local North Samo bay is about to go off by the way the fall is starting to settle in. Just look at Zeus....He was burried to the deck months ago......lots of sand still moving around but the bait is in tight now. Let's just hope that no freak storm chases it away. It's been too long since we attacked the surf together bro. I love the new standard of epic quests that you have put up lately and Terry our new SWAT member has followed your lead as well.
    Keep up the good work my friend and I promiss that I will get a new PC soon so I don't have issues with accessing the web and the board.I know this weekend is still kinda up in the air but on the day of Dana's memorial event we should plan a quick assault on the local area. I should have a new setup by then.
    Keep up the good work....

Mike

hey wingnut, are you using a left-handed reel?

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Ahhh, fun times once again...

There's nothing better than waking up at 3:45am, driving to the local McDonalds, picking up a #10 (2 Sausage and Egg McMuffins) with a Hazelnut Iced Coffee and driving down to meet up with the crew.

Aside from the slight salad here and there, the water looked fairly calm and clear. A little bit more windy and overcast than what we expected but that wasn't going to slow us down.

Mark and I got lucky and saw a bolt of lighting hit the water in the distance, something you don't see everyday.

Arturito: Another fun outing, this time with some obstacle climbing! Man those nut slapper waves are killer huh, its alright though bud I got a facial from Poseidon on our way out. Indeed your spidey sense went off, its crazy how you said that and we were both casting in the same general area like mad men and the hali bit you! It's alright though bud, I was doing the dirty work today and bringing the hali's close while you guys were nailing them lol. I said, "Arthur, I got bit right here" *I pointed at the spot* Arthur says "Where, right THERE?" He casts about 3 times and nails the legal hali lol No worries there's plenty out there for next time. Nice hat by the way...

Mark: Nice to see you again bro, remember about the nail polish, you'll get the chicks at your school everytime. Ask for some gold and red colors, im sure they have plenty After the walk back to the cars, now I know what S.W.A.T truly stands for. All this time I thought it meant something else.

Binh: good job out there bro, I hope you like surf fishing and decide to come around more often. Its definitely fun and something completely different than the striper fishing your used to. Dont worry, you'll get the hang of it real quick. You're under Arthur's wing, thats the perfect spot many would kill for. See, Learn and take advantage of the knowledge you receive. You'll be landing Legal's in no time.

Nick: good to see you again Sir. Nice hali too! On the swimmy! Very nice job indeed, hope to see you soon my friend.

All in all, a great outing once again. Fun times! Hope we can do it again soon. Take care guys.
    So that's why we beat you to the A.O., you made a pit stop at Mc Donald's. I was telling Binh as we were pulling up that I bet Frank is already there...
    Good times indeed, it was cool hitting the sand with you again bro. Sorry that I took your legal, lol. But you got the first shot at it. Funny how all the shorts were stacked up at that other spot. Let's do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Great report arthur!

I was mad at myself for not bringing my cell phone with me on the water so I could call you sooner with the intel. I'm wondering now how far apart in time our two halibut were caught? I'm sure 57 saw 'em both.

I don't think binh could have been introduced to the surf by a better person and look at the support staff you had with you!

Awesome guys! Loved the report and pics!
    I'd like to think that we caught the two fish simultaneously Terry.
    Congrats once again on the fine job completing your mission. You know what the next one is.
    I'll see you next weekend my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Arthur,

Nice to see you back on the prowl! Looked like a fun day out with a few of the "Crew" and the "Newbie" I can't for the life of me understand what took "Binh" so long to join you out there!

I was feeling sorry for you being away from the water for so long until I realized I have only hit the waters 1 time since we were together last in NPH.

19? I guess I had better get serious in the 4th quarter to even get my 1st of the season!

Take care buddy!

Steve
    I have no clue on why it took so long for Binh to hit the surf with me Steve... I must have asked him at least a dozen times over the years. He seems to like it, let's see if he follow it up with another session.
    I know you've been inundated lately with work my friend. Hopefully our schedules can align one of these days so we can hit the water together... been too long buddy.
    I wouldn't be surprise if your first Hali of the season puts you on top of the leaderboard.

Quote Originally Posted by ToadsToadsOnly View Post
    Excellent report and slay session as always Arthur I have read so many reports from you and still everytime one pops up I cannot wait to read it.
    Likewise my friend, likewise... Love to see you tear it up everywhere bro.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Good Lord, now how in the heck did you get Binh in the surf??? He doesn't even like the sand, lol. Hey Binh, the Striper action must be a little slow huh bro?
    You look like pro in Arthur's waders and gear, lucky that you guys are both short. jk

Nice job out there everybody. Art, how do you always manage to pick off a legal everytime that you come back in town? Seems like the less you fish, the more fish you catch. Had a great time hanging out with you and Lynn in Vegas last weekend bro. Front row seats to "O" was quite a treat, Lauren and I appreciates it very much.
    Hey bro, you're only like an inch taller than us...
    Yeah, surprised the heck out of me when Binh called me up and says he wants to hit the surf... I was like, "really??? Okay, let's go!" He seems to like it. The question is, when are YOU going to hit the surf with me again?!? been a LONG time.
    As for the legal, my timing is usually pretty good and a little bit of luck always help...

Quote Originally Posted by midgettosser1 View Post
    Good job guys. Looks like Zeus managed to free himself up a bit.
    Pretty crazy Mike, not only Zeus managed to dig himself out of the sand... he moved about 20 feet down towards the edge of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    OH MAN AN YODA AND BIHN SPOTTING IN ONE POST,,,,,,,,,, ARTHUR I SO LOVE THAT TORE UP SWIMBAIT PIC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,
    Mikey is Yoda Bob...
    Yeah, that White Sea Bass destroyed that swim bait.
    See ya next weekend uncle Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    Execellent reports guys. I enjoyed reading and re-reading every single one of em. Hopefully it'll pay off next time I hit the surf.
    Thanks Tuan... good luck to you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Arthur, thank you bro for taking me under your wings and showing the ways of the surf. Sorry it took me so long to come around, but better late than never, lol. I been surf fishing from the shore with bait, but the SWAT style attack is alot more fun, and alot more work. Yes you're right, never get too comfortable in the surf, always be on the look out for the unexpected. As I found out the hard way by not paying attention. Totally submerged my reel. Eventhough i didn't catch anything, learned alot and had a blast fishing with you and the rest of the guys. Frank, Marc and Nick were so nice to me and I appreciate the encouragement I received from all of you. Let's do it again soon.

By the way, thanks for letting me take the legal halibut home. My mom said to tell you thank you. I'll try to catch my own next time.
    Binh, You did great for your first time in the surf.
    I know you've been fishing the shore with mussels catching those Spotfins. That can be fun too, but fishing with me you get better exercise and your hands don't smell like bait.
    You let me know when you're ready for another round...

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Arthur,
    I'm sorry I missed this opportunity but the late heads up caught me off guard and I already made plans with Bill to hopefully get him on his first legal hali. You guys did much better up north than we did in the OC but it's all good.
    It's great to see Frank back in the saddle and of course.....
    Barfbeat on the sand
    I think our local North Samo bay is about to go off by the way the fall is starting to settle in. Just look at Zeus....He was burried to the deck months ago......lots of sand still moving around but the bait is in tight now. Let's just hope that no freak storm chases it away. It's been too long since we attacked the surf together bro. I love the new standard of epic quests that you have put up lately and Terry our new SWAT member has followed your lead as well.
    Keep up the good work my friend and I promiss that I will get a new PC soon so I don't have issues with accessing the web and the board.I know this weekend is still kinda up in the air but on the day of Dana's memorial event we should plan a quick assault on the local area. I should have a new setup by then.
    Keep up the good work....

Mike
    Barfbeat... We're never going to let him forget that Parcher's trip are we...?
    I'm hoping that the Fall bite will be a good one too bro... seems like we've been waiting forever for an epic bite. The bait is starting to move in, that's a good thing.
    If I can't make it back this weekend, but I'll see ya the following weekend buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    hey wingnut, are you using a left-handed reel?
    I usually carry both left & right handed baitcasting set-ups. I can cast and retrieve with both, I have no special preferrence, I can use them both equally well. I switch often when my arms, hand and wrist gets tired... I hate getting old.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 09-15-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Adding replies...

Artur,
    It is alway good to here you helping other anglers that is why you are the man my friend. I an looking forward to fishs with you next week.

I been out in the Ventura area only to catch small Hali's
    Saltman..

WHOOO!!!
    Arthur,
    Been a while since I have gone through all the reports from the last 3 weeks.
    Between jury duty and then having to work on bids, starting at 5:00 in the evening, it takes alot of time.
    Hopefully I will start getting some work soon.
    I have been on the PC since 6:15 this morning and am enjoying every bit of it.

You have been quite busy yourself but at least able to get your 19th butt...
    Terry is now a S.W.A.T. member...
    Your friend, Badbeat, hit the surf for the first time...
    You ate some sand dabs, which I also love the flavor of...
    Mike has joined the leader board...
    I ruined my waders and reel on the same day...

I must have deleted the invite to fish that day with badbeat... and the rest of the guys...
    Thanks for all the report adds and I look forward to hitting the surf with evryone again soon,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Marc, thanks for making the extra effort to come home from USC for the weekend to join me in the surf. I appreciate that very much. We always have so much fun bantering around with each other out there. It's so nice of you to let your Dad out fish you all the time... yeah right, Hahahaha jk
    I'm going to let you become a millionaire the "old fashioned' way.

Nick, you sir, are a "Silent Assassin." Soft spoken and always treading lightly on the sand, but deadly in your craft. Your style is so different yet so effective... Keep up the nice work sir and keep schooling Marc out there.
    Arthur,
    Always happy to make the trip to fish with SWAT! College is always a good time, but it's great to take a break for a nice, relaxing SWAT trip, emphasis on relaxing. Had an really insane time arriving there with that drunk driver, but it was worth it. Definitely enjoy the banter, and, as for letting me become a millionaire, be sure to let Mike have my share!

Dad definitely sticks fish when a more thorough approach is required, and I think we'll see a few legals from him as the year goes on!

Also, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Marc
    Last edited by bsp; 09-16-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by saltman View Post
    Artur,
    It is alway good to here you helping other anglers that is why you are the man my friend. I an looking forward to fishs with you next week.

I been out in the Ventura area only to catch small Hali's
    Saltman..
    Hey Ramiro, been awhile since you fished with us bro. Next Saturday I'll be at Irvine Lake for Dana's Memorial event. Not fishing, just hanging out with some friends and EAT. I'll shoot you a PM when we head back out again.
    Small Hali's are better than no Hali's...

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    WHOOO!!!
    Arthur,
    Been a while since I have gone through all the reports from the last 3 weeks.
    Between jury duty and then having to work on bids, starting at 5:00 in the evening, it takes alot of time.
    Hopefully I will start getting some work soon.
    I have been on the PC since 6:15 this morning and am enjoying every bit of it.

You have been quite busy yourself but at least able to get your 19th butt...
    Terry is now a S.W.A.T. member...
    Your friend, Badbeat, hit the surf for the first time...
    You ate some sand dabs, which I also love the flavor of...
    Mike has joined the leader board...
    I ruined my waders and reel on the same day...

I must have deleted the invite to fish that day with badbeat... and the rest of the guys...
    Thanks for all the report adds and I look forward to hitting the surf with evryone again soon,
    Robert
    <><
    You've been a busy man Roberto! Me too, but I've been pretty lucky the past few weeks to be able to sneak back in town for a session here & there. This morning session was pretty good, you got the text and the report is coming... a NEW report, not a bonus report.
    I'll see ya next Saturday at Irvine lake bro.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Arthur,
    Always happy to make the trip to fish with SWAT! College is always a good time, but it's great to take a break for a nice, relaxing SWAT trip, emphasis on relaxing. Had an really insane time arriving there with that drunk driver, but it was worth it. Definitely enjoy the banter, and, as for letting me become a millionaire, be sure to let Mike have my share!

Dad definitely sticks fish when a more thorough approach is required, and I think we'll see a few legals from him as the year goes on!

Also, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Marc
    Yeah, that drunk driver that you guys encountered was nuts! I hope they were able to get him off the road before he hurt somebody. Weaving into incoming traffic on PCH, that's just ridiculous.
    The banter continues this morning... good times!
    Report coming soon...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456