Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Fresh & Salt Mission 8/12, 8/13 - Plus FOUR Bonus Reports!

sup Buddy,

You were right on about the morning bite and flat conditions, Rob spent no time in catching the shorties, while I spent my time farming them We had to abort WSB territory quickly, tide got pretty strong real quick. At about 9am, conditions went to crap. Its crazy how fast they changed.

Nice frikin striper. Thats a nice slab of feesh right there. Good stuff. You shoulda thrown the 130 and see what your luck was!

Good report. I need to get me one of those LC's. Seems you get them just about every time you go out & do a report. Is there a certain pattern you would recommend since I only have money to buy one? Could you narrow it down for a newbie? Minnow pattern? There like $22.00 right? Thanks Wingnut.

Nice job on the Flatties!! Tough break on the WSB. Hopefully that striper on a surface plug helps ease the pain. Nothing like watching a fish blow up on a surface plug!

Man, that bowl of canh chua looks great! I had my mom cooked us up a batch with the Stripers too, good eats!!! Had a great time fishing with you and Bob again Art. Thanks to the both of you for working me into your schedules. Bob, we made the best of it during the full moon. That thing was ultra bright as Art and I were driving through the night to get to the lake. We got some quality fish and the company was awesome, can't wait to do it again. Glad to hear that your new business venture is going well Art, if you need anything, I'm only a phone call away bro.

Oh yeah, and you didn't tell the story about how close you came to losing your Blackberry. I can't believe that thing didn't go into the lake. Somebody upstairs was looking out for you buddy.
    Last edited by blackwater; 08-16-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Hey bro I always carry a hook sharpener it's part of my ritual along with my new knots ,it gives me piece of mind not so easy on the lcs but the jig heads are pretty easy

Thanks for the report Arthur. Very nice halibut and stripers. How big are those? Looks like some solid 8-9 pounders.

WOW that was some good fishing trips right there . and that soup looks awesome good.

Well done my friend. Sorry for the late response but with three kids back to school.....Two birthdays this week and work.....This is the first time I have had to breath and think about fishing for a break. Looks like grandpa Bob is still guiding strong but I bet you guys would have done better during the moon cycle comming up. I never have done very well during the full moon cycle when hunting stripers but you always seem to be blessed with lady luck brotha!
    As far as the SW attack at "Pea Soup"......I have to laugh at your comment "Didn't take pics of all of the garbage fish"....LOL
    Most anglers would take your trash and call it a GOOD day
    It's also good to see you get your best friend back on the water so he could get the cobwebs out of his brain and put some fish on the deck.....good job Phuong!
    As for me...It looks like I'm going to be back in the saddle again on friday with my 15yo son Luke but we havn't decided where we are going to fish. Damn......He is growing up too quick. Seems like just yesterday I was teaching him how to lip bass.
    Keep up the great work Arthur and get in touch with me a few days before you come back into town so we can tear it up dude!

Mike

That's some great therapy there, Arthur!!! Works for me!

Plus some soup to boot...

-- Greg --

Looked like you had a great morning session at Pea Soup. Nice mixed bag of fish you had there, even with all the garbage fish.

That swimbait got annihilated! Very cool pic! Sorry to hear you lost some quality fish, but you still had a pretty epic solo session.

I used to live a couple of hours from San Antonio, but never knew there were quality stripers in there. Looked like you all had a good time out there. WTG

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast