Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 8/13 Flats Shore Found some gear

Default 8/13 Flats Shore Found some gear

Hit the lake around 2:15. Was greeted by Nick at the booth. Chatted for a few and hit the tackle shop for bait. Lake was pretty full.
    My "secret spot" was taken, so I headed downt the road to the "other secret spot" and set up.
    Had lines in the water by 2:30, not bad. Threw out mackrel on both lines and ate my lunch.

There was a concet going on at the end of the Flats, so the music was PUMPING!!!
    Thump, Thump, Thump, Massive Air Horn [and I mean like harbour enterance big], Thump, Thump, repeat for hours!!! LMAO!!!
    Couldn't help but move to the beat. So loud, it made you move!!
    All I have to say is invest in hearing devices, cause this crowd is gonna need them!!

Pull one rod in after eating and tossed some jigs, spoons, Rapalas, but nothing.
    Lots of bait fish boils!!! I could see some bass, but not able to entice them.
    Sat down and read my book for a while, waiting for dark and the kitties to pick up.
    Never even had a bite. I didn't see anyone get one either.
    The lake was PACKED with boats this night. Lots of navigation lights on. Saw no speeder, lol.
    Boats pretty much cleared the lake by 10:15 due to to lack of bite (music noise).
    I started to pack it in around 10:40. As I was near my truck I saw a bag left on the side of the road where others had fished earlier.
    It was a backpack and inside were a 2 full sets of active duty USMC camos, cover, rank ensignias (corporal), etc were inside. I was going to take it to the tackle shop on the way out. Enlisted Marines don't make much in pay and I'm sure that not only would they have to replace all this stuff, but the a## chewing that they'd get by their SGT.
    Luckily, Jerry (security) came by about 10 minutes later and I gave him the backpack. He took it immediately to the tackle shop.

So, if you know off a USMC that left their stuff, have them call the tackle shop. They've got it.

Didn't catch a fish, but hopefully helped out a Marine. Fair trade to me.

way to go with the back pack the fish gods will send good carma your way so you could beat the skunk next time

Nice of you to return that stuff you found. I also fished on Sat. night and Fri. too. On Friday night I fished the usual spots in the flats with the music blaring from the festival area. It was so loud it shut down the bite on Friday too. I returned on Sat' nite with a new plan that involved avoiding the flats. I hunkered down in new spot hoping for the best. About 8:30pm the bite went nuts. Over the next 3 hours, I managed to land 3 fat cats in the 3-5 pound range (my best catch of kitties so far this year). looks like I have new secret spot! Forgive me if I don't advertise it to the world. If it holds out, I might even make that king of cats tourny. this year!
    When it came it time to leave, I found my front anchor to be stuck. I ended up having to pull what looked like an entire tree up 30 ft. from the bottom to free the anchor. There was some kind of bass tourny. and tons of bass boats out there.
    Anyhow, til' next week,
    tight lines....

Imma have to follow Hooks on the 3rd...lmao !!
    I'm tired of fishing the fished out spots....

What up Chris! Bummer about the skunk but surely the return of the bag will bring good fishing Karma for next time bro.

when does the concert end? lots of pot smoking going on

Quote Originally Posted by evosamurai View Post
    when does the concert end? lots of pot smoking going on
    pfff....

Heya Chris. Cant wait to get back to the Vine. Def good karma coming your way! Shoot me a pm next time you plan on going.

TS
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 08-16-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Hey, Dan. What's up? Long time, no see. Hope all has been well.

Steve, yeah, I really need to get with you on your boat and have you show me a thing or two on this catfish thing.
    John and I will be there 8/20 to do some fishing and check out the music at the concert going on at Irvine Lake that day.

Let us know if anyone is going to be out there.