Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big Bass and Catfish go off with warm weather!

Default Big Bass and Catfish go off with warm weather!

The fishing has been just as hot as the weather at the Vine as of late with tons of quality stringers of Cats and Bass making their way to the scales in what arguably be the best bite this summer. Catfish fisherman reported getting a ton of fish in the usuaual haunts ie back in the trees in the flats, Sierra Cove, and Woodys Cove. Productive baits have been Mackeral, Shrimp and the marshmellow and mealworm combo.

Navid Eskandari is pictured here with a nice 5.6 Blue Catfish he took while on a recent outing to the Kids Lagoon here at Irvine Lake. Navid was using Mackeral when the whiskerfish bit.

Savanah Edlund of Trabuco Creek is pictured here with her 5.2 Channel Catfish taken while fishing Mackeral in the Flats.

To say the bass fishing has been insane would be an understatement! Guys are reporting tons of big stringers and big fish from all kinds of diffrent locales. Guys have been reporting them being on Carolina Rigged Plastics, big texas rigged worm, jigs, even some topwater fish are still to be had.

James Smiley of Diamond Bar poses with this 6.8lb Largemouth Basss taken on 8/12/11.

Bryan Yamane, head of Diawa Lures R&D, pictured here with Young Kim with a very impressive limit of fish. Bryan's kicker fish went 7.0 and was taken while fishing a Carolina Rigged Brush Hawg.

If you are after a stringer of kitties or a couple of bass after work than come out to the Vine. The fishing has been phenomanl and the temperatures at night have been pleasent.

Tight Lines FNN
    Jimmy

bryan's bass looks alot like terry peacocks 11 lbr ... with the don fish on....same dark color ...I ll be there tmmorw hopefully in the fog w/ buzzbaits....

Default Correct terminology

Whoever wrote the thread, that people are catching stringers of bass and catfish. Should use the right nomenclature about bass fishing at Irvine lake. If you say someone caught a stringer of bass, someone might interrupt that as meaning putting a bass on a stringer to take home and eat. Catch and release to some is unheard of! Please don't confuse the people. I'm a little sensitive to this after reading the tread about lake Piru website putting a picture of 6 dead bass on a stringer. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Whoever wrote the thread, that people are catching stringers of bass and catfish. Should use the right nomenclature about bass fishing at Irvine lake. If you say someone caught a stringer of bass, someone might interrupt that as meaning putting a bass on a stringer to take home and eat. Catch and release to some is unheard of! Please don't confuse the people. I'm a little sensitive to this after reading the tread about lake Piru website putting a picture of 6 dead bass on a stringer. Thank you
    Sorry I offended you in any manner. When writing this piece I thought that it was understood that Bass are strictly catch and release here at Irvine Lake. It is well stated in our rules on line and in print of our release policy. It is also on all of the stickers given at the point of admission.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

He didnt say "a stringer of bass"... He said "A stringer of catfish". As he said, it's pretty well-known to all that Bass are C&R only...

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    He didnt say "a stringer of bass"... He said "A stringer of catfish". As he said, it's pretty well-known to all that Bass are C&R only...
    Smokehound he did state stringer of bass in one of the captions, but for crying out loud everybody knew what he meant, except one......

Sorry to hear about your "sensitivty" etucker1959, lifes just a beotch ain't it?

I thought it was 5 bass but whatever, but yea i think everyone understands what vineassist meant bass c&r only, I dont think vineassisst is stupid enough to say that people are catching stringers of bass on the internet even though there c&r only, actually i dont think vineassist is stupid at all. But anyway dont be sensative alot worse happens during fishing that your unaware of.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Anywho thanks for the pics and post vineassist there appreciated.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Leave some of those " stringers " for me !