Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: access to fresh bait question

Default access to fresh bait question

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what is the closest access to a bait receiver (or any live bait) is in a kayak between Marina Del Rey and Neport beach? And where I can access from.

King Harbor is a pretty short paddle from the small hand lanch next to the short pier.
    DR

go to newport pier and jig up your own on a sabiki rig. chum with dorritos first. Watch out for drug smugglers though.

Thanks guys! Anyone know if there is a place I can put in a kick boat at newport without going into the ramp at the camping area? And where the bait receiver is?

Hey John... Yes, drive out to the end of the Newport peninsula on Balboa Blvd to just past M St. Right there on the left will be the public fishing dock where you can hand launch small inflatables from the beach. The bait receiver is just out off to the right in the harbor channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Criss View Post
    go to newport pier and jig up your own on a sabiki rig. chum with dorritos first. Watch out for drug smugglers though.
    Chumming the harbor is illegal, now. be careful.

EDIT: Oh, wait a minute. Sorry my eyes are sunburnt.

Thanks Jeff, That is the shortest distance from the house!