Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Surf Fishing Report For Balboa

Default Surf Fishing Report For Balboa

Went on the pier for some mackerel. Finally brought my after school telling them how easy fishing is. When we got their. There was little to no mackerel. They were disappointed. I tried to surf fish but got all wet and almost got sucked in under the waves for 20 seconds. Now that's scary stuff. Some other folks caught a load of Perch and Yellow fin croaker. I asked them what they were using and they replied mussels. So i went to go get some down the street at this landing. Came back and caught nothing again. Caught only 5 mackerel.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterFisherYY View Post
    Went on the pier for some mackerel. Finally brought my after school telling them how easy fishing is. When we got their. There was little to no mackerel. They were disappointed. I tried to surf fish but got all wet and almost got sucked in under the waves for 20 seconds. Now that's scary stuff. Some other folks caught a load of Perch and Yellow fin croaker. I asked them what they were using and they replied mussels. So i went to go get some down the street at this landing. Came back and caught nothing again. Caught only 5 mackerel.
    You guys should have dug around for sand crabs.

Corbina everywhere right now!