Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 12 lb Largemouth on the floor

fishmounter- Amazing replicas. What measurements and camera angle pictures should I take if I catch and release fish that I want a replica mount of?

Good question. Take several shots at a couple different angles to try and avoid the reflection of the sun on the side of the fish. If it's a bass or trout, get a measurement of length from the tip of the lower jaw to the tip of the tail. For the girth measurement, put a flexible measuring tape or string around the fattest part of the fish. If possible, try to measure and photograph the fish on a wet towel and get it back into the water quickly. Then contact me or a good taxidermist that specializes in fish replicas.

I wanna do this to my first bass I've ever caught. So badly now that I saw this. But I didn't take measurements or weigh it. But I think I can recreate the pic with one of your old molds or Finnished bass you may have laying around. How much sir? I been fishing fresh water for 4 weeks now. And three weeks ago I caught this at legg lake.

Awesome work Fishmounter... I will need one of those one day.. You will be the man for the job..
    Corey

really great work! been shooting for that 12+ bass so once I finally nab that sucker, will make sure to take lots of pics and measurements.. always wanted my own taxidermy trophy mounted fish'

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234