Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megabass Ito Vision 110 - Q-GO, Magnum SP, Silent Riser???

Default Megabass Ito Vision 110 - Q-GO, Magnum SP, Silent Riser???

Been thinking about adding one of these bad boys to the arsenal after watching one in action. A guy managed to catch three bass in less than an hour, even managed to snag one on its belly with one of the treble hooks somehow. When I asked him what he was using, he said he was using the Vision 110 from Megabass, but after searching for them on TackleWarehouse, there's currently various styles to choose from, which I have no idea what the difference is. There's the original ITO version, and the following Q-GO, Magnum SP, Silent Riser and High Water.

The lure he was using had a Fire Tiger color to it (green with orange belly) but I can't seem to locate the exact color on TWH.com

I was never one to advocate spending $25 on a lure alone, but after watching that jerk bait in action, I MUST HAVE IT..

anybody know which lure and version that I may be talking about? Anybody have any luck with any of the Vision 110's?

I have a blue and black one that I got on sale at BPS.
    I have thrown it quite a bit but nothing on it yet.
    It does look very good in the water though.

Question:
    What body of water were you on where you saw this guy owning fish with the Ito?

I like the idea of the silent riser.

Just get the Vision 110. If you are going for fresh water, any shad-like color will get it done.
    Or like the guy you saw... green and orange.

Lures are where it's at.

Make sure you throw that thing on 10-12lb test to start. Wet your knots and all that too. Wouldn't want to see you cast off a brand new Ito on 6lb with a dry knot. haha

IMO, Lucky craft pointers work just as good, but maybe don't look as good swimming in the water or have as good of hardware or paint.
    I think you can buy them smaller and the ghost minnow color Lucky craft does is deadly everywhere.

Others will outfish you on an X-rap. You just gotta have confidence in and know how to fish your lure.

Were you standing there fishing a worm while dude was slaying on a baitfish imitation?

You gotta know how and when to use what to make the stars line up.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-30-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks for the tips! funny that you mention the 12lb test, that's what he was using for the exact same reasons..lol. This was at Puddingstone, I was using a live crawdad + drop shotting to no avail for several hours, whereas he was pulling in 6lb+ bass on that thing right when he got there.

I have an LC 110sp which I bought for surf fishing, haven't really had any luck with it at the lake though. Saw a couple of pointers though on sale at Sports Chalet.. I figured if I was going to spend more than $15 though, might as well get the best. Heard the bills on the ito's break easy though, so that's my only concern for now.

Try pointer 78sp ghost minnow.
    Works everywhere.
    Credit Socal Bassman is where I learned it.

You might also try a crankbait follow up, after mopping up with the jerk... to search for other active fish wanting a different approach. If you're on shore, a 4' diving crankbait should do you well. I Like the Rapala DT-4 and DT-6 all the way up to DT-10 series for crankbaits in the silver shad color. Cheap, easy to find at walmart and highly effective.
    Or the Strike king sexy shad shallow divers... I do very good with those and they are 3-4$ at walmart now too.
    Just chuck and wind and experiment with retrieve speed.

These things are money. Get the "series 1" and "series 4s".
    That shallow running square bill helps the shorebounder and I think it looks like a bluegill so the fish dig it.

They make them all different bills for different depth coverage. Make sure you pay attention to this.
    The deep ones are good for trolling or when you know you are sitting on a drop off that is a good 10 feet down or more that is holding fish. I love the shallow ones for every other situation.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-31-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Ito Vision 110 Magum SP - Suspended model, larger size than the original of 110 millimeters a 5 1/6 inches.

Ito Vision 110 High Float - 4 1/3 inches. Just like the original, but floats to the surface and does not suspend.

Ito Vision 110 Silent Riser - 4 1/3 inches. Just like the High Float, minus the rattles.

Ito Vision 110 - 4 1/3 inches. The original.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Red Fox; 08-01-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Deadly Black Illusion, eh?

Center eye, FTW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Megabass-Ito-Vis...ht_1346wt_1285

That definitely looks like the one he was using.. $99?! dayum... yeah.. I can't justify that.. not until I win the lottery at least

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Wade Jr View Post
    That definitely looks like the one he was using.. $99?! dayum... yeah.. I can't justify that.. not until I win the lottery at least
    It's the highly collectible "center eye."

Don't worry, TackleTour has already proven there is no difference between the older "center eye" and the newer "down eye" models. Feel free to pay the $25 for the post-1999 models. You'll do just as well.

People like to pay $99 to say they paid $99. Or make up reasons why it cost so much, because they don't want to admit they just got hoodwinked...bamboozled...pwned...whatev.

I have a pair of 'center eye' models that I use just like I do my 'down eye' models. Collectibles are for old ladies.

DS, I have about a dozen Visions with broken lips somewhere in the garage that begs to differ. all downeye versions, when I first started fishing these, there was no price difference between the straight and down eyes so I had a good mixture of both. I doubt its coincidence that none of the straight eyes ever had the lip break off. I do suspect, and hope that they changed the formula and the down eyes are of the same quality nowadays. I can't really say for sure as I haven't bought a downeye version since 2008.. But then again, I do drive like an old lady going 55 in the passing lane.. :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast