Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: How big of a boat can you launch there?

Default How big of a boat can you launch there?

It has been a good 20yr.s since I have been there use to have a 12ft. Now have a heavy 19ft. boat.... Is the launch ramp in good shape? And what are the boat rules for private boats really want to go there with my boat and what is the price to launch? Thanks for any reply's.....

boat launch is good 19 feet no problem 10 bucks. GO HAVE FUN

I think 28' or maybe 26' is the posted limit...19' no problem.. $10..Launch ramp does not follow the dock into the water. If you back down the ramp parallel to the dock on the east side, you could go off the ramp. Follow the cement edge not the dock..
    This is off the web site, and some may or may not be enforced at all times...
    BOATING RULES:
    1. Maximum speed limit is 5 mph – no wake
    2. Each person must have a life jacket on. Life jackets provided on dock for rental boats
    3. No person may operate a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
    4. Distress signal: Wave life jacket at passing boats. Assistance provided by patrol boat
    5. In bad weather conditions, patrol boat will request boats to leave the lake – NO REFUNDS.
    6. In sudden severe changes of weather, Do Not attempt to return the dock, beach the boat. Assistance will be provided.
    7. Do not cross or tie to the buoy line at the dam
    8. Boats must stay at least 100 feet away from the buoy line
    9. Boats must stay at least 100 feet from the shoreline
    10. Do not throw trash in lake or on shore
    11. Please troll in clockwise direction
    12. No BBQ’s allowed on boats or pontoons rentals
    Last edited by dixoncider; 08-02-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks guys it has been so long that I have been there did not want to tow boat there and not be able to launch. Might have to camp out there with the boat would be fun Thanks again....