Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: News Flash!!!!!! Another 20lb Cat hits the scales...Hard work pays off!

Default News Flash!!!!!! Another 20lb Cat hits the scales...Hard work pays off!

I love posting reports like the one I am about to do. For those of you that do not know Mr. Nick Vega he has been through a lot and is still going through some stuff. Yet, each week he is out here at least one to two days out of the week. Nick is a self admitted "Trophy Catfish junkie" and wants nothing more than to land a quality catfish. Well today Nick did just that.

Here it is boys and girls.

Nick "NVcattracker" Vega of Garden Grove with his 22.8 Blue Catfish taken on fresh caught mackeral from the Santiago Flats. Nick released his fish as part of our "Save the Blues" campaign and earned himself a free admission pass in doing so. Congratulations my freind you defintley have put your work in out their on the water.

Here is another shot of the fish and a little background into the work that Nick has put into a fish like this. Nick will go down to the pier or even fish a 1/2 or 3/4 day boat in order to catch the Mackeral he uses for bait. He then will go home and vacum pack or freeze the Mackeral that he intends to use for his next trip. A lot of work goes into his trophy catfish routine.

Hope to see you all up here soon with big fish in hand.

Jimmy

WTG Nick, beautiful fish!

Thanks for the post Jimmy....

TD

That is one nice kittie conngrats Nick.

Sweetness ! Nice fish Nick !

Congratulations Nick!

I know for a fact that you have done your homework and worked hard for that cat. You deserve it and I'm sure there will be plenty more Personal Best Catfish to come for you Buddy.

Congratulations!

Bet Bluehunter and Catmando wish they had caught that MONSTER !

WTG out there Nick