Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Vacation time Palo Verde

Default Vacation time Palo Verde

Hey everyone I get 5 days of fishing in the Palo Verde Lagoon, I rented a vacation house right on the lagoon, it comes with a canoe and a row boat..What kind of fish can I expect to catch in the first week in Oct..Hopefully it contains strippers and small mouth bass..I will bring my lap top and down load the pictures of the fish we catch..any info you guys can provide will be thankfull..

Hey Arrow,

I got a week comming up as well and cant make up my mind where to take off to.
    How, and where did you come across this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manuel149 View Post
    Hey Arrow,

I got a week comming up as well and cant make up my mind where to take off to.
    How, and where did you come across this?

Thanks
    Manuel,

Here is the link to the website http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...tals/7232.html it is listing 7232 it is the only rental on the lagoon, The lady you will talk to is very nice her name is Patsy.. I'm going to make a quick trip down there ahead of time just to check it out to make sure I bring everything I need..Good luck

You may need to go to Blythe for the Strippers. LOL Channels, Flatheads, LMB, and Panfish will all still be active for ya. I've caught several Flatheads this year from the Outfall. Keep in mind that the Bar/Resteraunt and the store are closed down now. The only thing that is open is the gas station. The economy has hit this area hard. The owners of the gas station have told me that they may have to close down as well. Make sure that you have plenty of supplies on hand, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsfordays View Post
    You may need to go to Blythe for the Strippers. LOL Channels, Flatheads, LMB, and Panfish will all still be active for ya. I've caught several Flatheads this year from the Outfall. Keep in mind that the Bar/Resteraunt and the store are closed down now. The only thing that is open is the gas station. The economy has hit this area hard. The owners of the gas station have told me that they may have to close down as well. Make sure that you have plenty of supplies on hand, just in case.
    I have my menu all planed out.. PB&J and cases of beer what else do I need LOL

Palo Verde vacation a bust.. 1st 10 min of fishing caught a nice bluegill, after that things went to hell in a hand basket. I took a nasty fall down the bank about a 4 foot drop into the tullies.I could not pull myself up the bank,the mud was slick and smelly. I had to crawl about 15 feet of muck to get to a dock to get myself out. Damage report..busted up knee, very sore back and hip, ruined cell phone, smelly shoes bruised ego..I will be back there again soon..Doctors appointment Monday morning to check me out..

Yikes!!!......When practicing CPR, you're supposed to throw the fish back, not yourself!!! LOL