Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SWAT Certified! Mission Accomplished! The Quest Part SEVEN 9/10/11

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post
    Man what a fun trip.you do not need a gym when u fish with the swat crew.I remeber when we fished swat with bones and arthur we had a blasr.You got some of the biggest cvalicos from the surf i have ever seen. the best part was when you released the.Arthur is always so generous giving us lures and tackle.I feel like i should atleast mow his lawn or wash one of his cars,lololololWell terry thanx buddy for the great report and pictures. How much weight did you lose on that trip? and are those catfish from the surf at night? lolololol
    Trolly,

I definitely had a great time out there with Arthur one on one. Just watching a master surf fisherman at work was exciting in itself.
    We've talked about that trip with arthur and Mike many times out there on the lake. We'll have to see if we can get the two of them to take Team Trolltoon out again.
    I'll tell you what Arthur set the pace for me all day and I did pretty well until about three quarters of the way through the last session. I was craving water or gatorade or anything about then. When I got home I was soaked with sweat........I didn't know if my waders were keeping me dry or not.
    Thanks for the reply and words of encouragement when I gave you the mid term report. I'll see ya Sat in search of a monster.

Nice report there Terry keep it up brother your hanging around the right person for the quest it's gona happen soon man .
    Look at it this way your exercising and having a good time at the same time what more can you ask for LOL.

sean

Quote Originally Posted by fishincrave View Post
    Nice report there Terry keep it up brother your hanging around the right person for the quest it's gona happen soon man .
    Look at it this way your exercising and having a good time at the same time what more can you ask for LOL.

sean
    fishincrave,

Thanks for the reply and words of encouragement.

I must say Arthur has given me some great knowledge for fishing the surf. Now all I have to do is put it all together and make this goal a reality.

Terry,
    You'll definitely stick that legal halibut soon! It's always hardest to get that first one, but after that they seem to show up a little more frequently. Looking forward to welcoming you to SWAT!
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Terry,
    You'll definitely stick that legal halibut soon! It's always hardest to get that first one, but after that they seem to show up a little more frequently. Looking forward to welcoming you to SWAT!
    Marc
    Marc,

Thanks for the reply and encouragement!
    Every time I go out now I learn a little something new. I'm sure soon enough i'll reach my goal but until then it's going to be a fun ride.

Default Part-2 of the "Quest for a Legal"

Made plans late in the week to meet a co-worker, (New member Nipple Twister or NT for short) at Huntington Beach for a quick surf session before I headed off to meet Trollmiester for some night fishing.
    We agreed to meet up at around 5:15 to see what the surf had to offer us. However, just before turning in for the night I recieved a call from one of the SWAT Officers, Bones, and Mike says, "hey I hear you are going to be down in Huntington tomorrow morning and was wondering if you'd like to hook up?".........Well heck yes I would! Funny, not much get past SWAT. Their intel is quite impressive.
    So I give NT a call and tell him we'll be having a SWAT Dignitary with us and he thought that was pretty cool since he's been reading the SWAT reports for a while now.

John and I arrived at the beach around 5:00am, got our gear together and decided to go ahead and head down to the water. I gave Mike a call and left him a message that we would be down in the water and we'll be looking for him.
    Once we hit the water it didn't take too long and I hooked up to a pretty good size fish. Oh man what a fight and all during the tug of war I kept thinking to myself, "Is this it, could this be the one I'm looking for?" Once I was able to get it in close enough to have a look it turned out to be a pretty good size shovelnose guitar fish. a little dissapointing but a lot of fun all the same.
    John headed back down to the water and I gave Mike a call to see if he was at the beach yet. Mike said "Yep I'm here and I'm working my way over to you now.
    Just before Mike made his way over to us John hooked up to a fish of his own and brought in a nice croaker to take the skunk off.

Once Mike showed up and I introduced him to John he gave us a few pointers on how we should attack the beach then we got back to fishing and working our way down the beach.
    It didn't take Mike long before he was hooked up to a croaker of his own. The skunk was off all three of us and we got back to business. Mike was able to hook up to a couple more fish one being a short halibut but I guess Mike needed to show us the hands free release technique.

After taking a few pics of Mike's fish I knew I had better get back to tossing that L.C. and first cast I feel a bump and set the hook. I could tell right off it wasn't big but I just wanted to see what it was.........I got the fish in close and saw a flash of white......It's a halibut. short of what I need but it was a good sign.

Well, just getting a halibut made me pretty happy and got my hopes up a little too.

Mike, John and I spent the remainder of the day working the shore but it seemed like our luck was running out and well, time was growing short and I had to think about getting home to clean up my surf gear and get the cat gear ready.
    Mike suggested we work another hole he spotted on the way over to meet us before we called it. John and I agreed just wasn't time to give up so we worked the last spot pretty hard and what do you know I hooked up with another fish! Half way in I saw that flash of white and it was another Halibut. Yes it was short but it was a halibut!

Well, the second effort at the legal halibut is in the books and although it didn't happen today I know with a little patience, persistence and time in the surf it is going to happen.

John, it was a blast to finally hook up with you and fish our home turf buddy. I know you've been studying the reports and collecting the gear you need to hit the surf. we'll be meeting up again soon to hit our home turf in search of a legal.
    Thanks again for coming along.

Mike, it was a pleasure to have one of SWATS Officers with us today and I hope we'll be able to hook up again. I had a blast reminiscing about the glory days at DVL and the SWAT Boot Camp you and Arthur put me and Trolly through.
    Thanks again for the tips and information. The information is greatly appreciated and trust me I'll put it to work.
    I appreciated the phone call and I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to hook up with you again sometime soon.

Oh, and by the way, I learned something today............waders are much more comfortable!
    Last edited by PONTOON; 08-04-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Hey Terry,
    Man, I thought for sure you were going to show us a legal!!!
    Still looked like a nice day on the sand and no one got skunked.
    Thanks for the update,
    Robert
    <><

p.s. I might be free this coming Friday, depends on the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hey Terry,
    Man, I thought for sure you were going to show us a legal!!!
    Still looked like a nice day on the sand and no one got skunked.
    Thanks for the update,
    Robert
    <><

p.s. I might be free this coming Friday, depends on the wife.
    Robert,

I gave it a shot but that legal prize just wasn't in the cards this day. I know it will come eventually but I'll enjoy the ride.
    I'll get in touch with you. My only shot is going to be this Thursday but that's still up in the air.
    I'll be in Veagas all the next week so I need to have one more shot before then.

Keep it up..it's gonna happen ,I don't focus on it anymore,I just love being in the water..I almost have all my equip. Love my new Luna man i can cast all day now ,I only need my camera now...waiting for the good report

I have got to start fishing in the surf, I fish lakes, Oceans, float tube NPH, but never fished in the surf I want to go.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast