Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SWAT Certified! Mission Accomplished! The Quest Part SEVEN 9/10/11

I'm sure that elusive legal is well on its way. The weather's heating up the larger flatties will enjoy your free lip piercing clinic. Awesome report.

Great report Terry. I know it was a serious mission for Arthur to hook you up with that first elusive legal and I know it will come very soon as long as you are diligent in your efforts. A little blind luck always helps too but you have been taught by one of the best surf fisherman I've ever known.I know Arthur really enjoyed the time spent with you on the sand just talking about Dana and all of the other great times spent with great friends found here on the FNN.
    A little patience and a little more time my friend and it will all come together ....... You WILL be a SWAT member soon.....I can feel it in my BONES.....LOL
    Thanks for taking the time to share.

Mike-------<><

P.S.

Let's get Trolly out there again.....I laugh my azzzzzzz off around that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Like I mentioned to you on Friday Terry, I already told the rest of the guys to get ready to welcome another "Brother" to the S.W.A.T. family. We all know, that with your resolve, it's just a matter of time until your achieve your goal. Somewhere out there, is that legal Halibut carrying your golden ticket. I certainly wish that I would be there by your side when that happens, but with all systems go with my business project, I think you will have it all wrapped up before we will fish together again.

The fishing on Friday was dreadfully slow... But that's how it goes and comes with the territory. Everybody who fish with me know of my pet peeve in the surf. Salad! I can deal with just about any adverse condition, high swells, murky water, crappy tide movement, on-shore wind... But a heavy concentration of weeds where it's virtually inpossible to work your lure effectively, is so frustrating. I KNOW that the fish were there, but the LC can only swim for a few yards before getting wrapped up. After about an hour of this nonsense, my patience finally ran out.

I didn't really mind the slow day, it gave us a chance to catch up a little. Telling old stories and sharing new ones. Even getting caught up on a bit of FNN gossip...
    Just like what I used to do with our good friend. Thanks for letting me crash your solo session Terry. I appreciate your support for S.W.A.T., your shinning example of what a perfect family man should be and most of all, I appreciate your frienship.

Now hurry up and get that legal Halibut. You actually need to get TWO. The first, to validate your membership to S.W.A.T., the second, to get you a place on the LC Challenge Leaderboard.

Like I said... it's just a matter of time. Your future S.W.A.T. Brothers & Sisters are all looking forward to that day. I know that they're also ready and willing to help you get it done. Don't be surprised if you get a few invitations here very soon...

Until we meet again...

I read this quote, and it made me think of you...

What a man accomplishes in a day depends upon the way in which he approaches his tasks. When we accept tough jobs as a challenge...and wade into them with happiness and enthusiasm, miracles can happen. When we do our work with a dynamic conquering spirit, nothing is impossible and we get things done.

Here are some of my pics...

Friday night's dinner... Peppered Grilled Halibut Steaks.
    Arthur,

It was during our trip to the surf that I made it my goal to catch and release my first legal halibut . I had a great time fishing with you, robert, John and Justin and I was very impressed with how efficiently you guys worked the surf. I was in good company that day and enjoyed every minute of it.

Now as far as crashing my solo session, I couldn't have been more pleased to get your text inviting me to fish with you and when you said that you wanted to be there when I got that first legal I wanted it to happen just as bad as you did My Friend.
    Although the salad made the fishing tough and sometimes agravating I look at it this way, The important thing is that we had the opportunity to get together like we agreed to do a year ago and we had the opportunity to talk just like we agreed to do. I enjoyed every minute of it!
    Even though I wasn't able to get the halibut we wanted I'll assure you that when I do you will be the first to know.

I just want to say thanks for spending the day with me Friday and Thank You for your Friendship. I've got a great deal of respect for you and you sir are definitely one of the Good Guys!
    I'm also looking forward to becoming a part of the SWAT Brothers and Sisters. That My friend will be an Honor.

Oh and by the way, thanks for waiting for me on the hike out of Area-2.

very nice you will get ur legal soon, prob when the weather clears back up and that shallow water warms.

I finally was able to locate one of your AO's wingnut, your pics are always so well positioned lol

I will have to try and get out early enough to crash the spot lol
    Last edited by FishinLBC; 07-25-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    With your positve and enthusiastic attitude, Pontoon, you'll make the Commander proud when you're an official SWAT inductee...Looking forward to the day and will be happy to share the foam with you in advance.
    By the way, after reading Tess's post, you'll see that Saturday's results weren't exactly 'capital' either....but fun!
    Cheers,
    Sid
    sidified,
    I appreciate your reply and your encouragement.
    I'm looking forward to the day I can send arthur the text that I caught and released a legal halibut. I recieved a couple of texts from Arthur the next day and was just excited for all of them that the conditions were a little better and that they caught a few fish.
    Thanks again and hope to cross paths with you sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hey Terry,
    The main thing is getting out there, the rest is a bonus...
    You got on some fish, you reminisced and also got a little exercise.
    Nice report, I'll be getting in touch real soon here, to help you get that legal...
    Take Care,
    Robert
    <><
    Robert,
    I agree, time on the water with Good Friends is the main thing and I always say to myself that catching fish is just iceing on the cake.
    I had a great day with Arthur and it was good for both of us just to get to talk. I appreciate your reply and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    This fortune message will prove to be a prophet Mr. Pontoon. Like Art said, its only a matter of time until you join the elite. Enjoy the ride, most of us aren't so lucky.

Badbeat,

Thank you for your reply and encouragement. It definitel will be a fun ride and I will enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Pontoon, with the support of the entire SWAT crew and that hot LC pattern, your legal flattie should be coming real soon. I can't wait to see the report when it happens.
    Jaysuuun,

I appreciate your support and the support of the SWAT Team!
    I can't wait to put up the legal report but im sure the reports leading up to it will be just as fun. It will even be better if I get it on the 57 lure Arthur gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
    Great read and nice report guys.
    Re8elmonk,

Thanks for the reply and I'm glad you enjoyed the reports.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    That is a great pic.
    DR
    DockRat,

That has to be one of the best pics I've taken. Glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post

You don't want to be anywhere near that backcast.

Pontoon, I'm going to enjoy following your reports of your quest for the legal Halibut.
    Looking forward to welcoming you to the SWAT family very soon.
    blackwater,

I don't think I'd want to be too close to that cast either!
    I appreciate your support and I'm looking forward to becoming a part of SWAT. Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Pontoon, its a long season and the game changes everyday.
    Stay on your feet and keep moving, is what they say in Boot Camp.

Good days ahead for all. Will see a legal soon I am sure. Good luck
    Bill
    Which Way Out,

Thank you for the reply and I appreciate the encouragement. i'll keep moving as long as my feet will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by hamneggs View Post
    I'm sure that elusive legal is well on its way. The weather's heating up the larger flatties will enjoy your free lip piercing clinic. Awesome report.
    hamneggs,

Thank you for the reply, I'm glad you liked it and I'll be lookong forward to catching and releasing a legal of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Great report Terry. I know it was a serious mission for Arthur to hook you up with that first elusive legal and I know it will come very soon as long as you are diligent in your efforts. A little blind luck always helps too but you have been taught by one of the best surf fisherman I've ever known.I know Arthur really enjoyed the time spent with you on the sand just talking about Dana and all of the other great times spent with great friends found here on the FNN.
    A little patience and a little more time my friend and it will all come together ....... You WILL be a SWAT member soon.....I can feel it in my BONES.....LOL
    Thanks for taking the time to share.

Mike-------<><

P.S.

Let's get Trolly out there again.....I laugh my azzzzzzz off around that guy!
    Mike,

I know how bad Arthur wanted to be there for my first legal from the surf and believe me I wanted it to happen while he was there too. Like I said before just fishing with a Good Friend was the important part of the day. I'm confident the legal halibut will come and it will mean more that I had to work for it. I'll even insist that Arthur make the announcement.
    Believe me I went to school on arthur all day and even got some good tips on what to look for in the surf.
    Trolly and I still talk about the day Team Trolltoon went to SWAT boot camp with you and arthur. We had a lot of laughs and learned a lot from both of you guys. I even got my first surf calico bass that day! It would definitely be a riot getting another trip together.
    I hope to see you again soon My friend but until then I'll be hitting the surf as much as I can and in the evenings Trolly and I will be chasing some other monsters of the deep.....

Quote Originally Posted by FishinLBC View Post
    very nice you will get ur legal soon, prob when the weather clears back up and that shallow water warms.

I finally was able to locate one of your AO's wingnut, your pics are always so well positioned lol

FishinLBC,

Thanks for the reply and encouragement and good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by FishinLBC View Post

Trust me... you only see what I want you to see, lol
    I can tell you every one of my A.O.'s, but you would still have to catch the fish there, easier said than done.

You don't have to wait for the weather pattern to change, it's been great out there... and the water temperature has been steadily rising. It's all about the timing right now, knowing when to hit the water to get the fish. But that's a lesson for another time.

Man what a fun trip.you do not need a gym when u fish with the swat crew.I remeber when we fished swat with bones and arthur we had a blasr.You got some of the biggest cvalicos from the surf i have ever seen. the best part was when you released the.Arthur is always so generous giving us lures and tackle.I feel like i should atleast mow his lawn or wash one of his cars,lololololWell terry thanx buddy for the great report and pictures. How much weight did you lose on that trip? and are those catfish from the surf at night? lolololol

Hello wing nut

can you please tell me what kind of rod and action etc....

Im currently using a 8 ft medium teremar. From your photo I can clearly see ur getting your Lc in the strike zone.

Thank in advance

Quote Originally Posted by thecalihookup View Post
    Hello wing nut

can you please tell me what kind of rod and action etc....

Im currently using a 8 ft medium teremar. From your photo I can clearly see ur getting your Lc in the strike zone.

Thank in advance
    PM sent...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast