Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Yakin' in Long Beach

Default Yakin' in Long Beach

I live just above Cherry Beach and have a sweet new (used) kayak. Anybody got any advice on where I should take it? I've done Los Al bay a couple of times, but it's all friggin lizard fish. The goal is some calicos, sandies...and maybe a halibut or two. Also, is launching out of San Pedro possible? Palo Verde? Im a high school teacher so I have until the end of August to find some good spots. Anybody available to fish anywhere from LB to Newport to anywhere else, Im game. Thanks for any advice.

BG

Cherry beach is a great spot to launch and fish for halibut. or try the oil islands for some smaller calicos and sand bass. catch some smelt and fish along cherry beach with them and you will be rewarded.

Hi Brady. I have yet to launch out of LBC yet but have launched my kayak in Abalone Cove in Palos Verde's & have launched my yak at Redondo beach King Harbor a few times. PV need to go thought the surf Redondo has a launch behind the Ruby's diner by Captain Kidd's. I am new to fishing & kayaking. Have caught a few in the surf but have yet to catch a fish from my yak. Was thinking about taking mine out soon it's just such a drag to move it & transport it you know? Anyway hope this helps & yhea I would be game to go if it were local to me. LBC is a little bit of a drive from here. Peace

My pops stays out in newport and was telling me this morning that there getting alot of fish in the bay there...I've had alot of luck in the bay floating it so im sure a yack will be awesome...good luck out there

Brad1
    Last edited by brad1; 07-31-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirthead View Post
    Cherry beach is a great spot to launch and fish for halibut. or try the oil islands for some smaller calicos and sand bass. catch some smelt and fish along cherry beach with them and you will be rewarded.
    That is all you need to know other than carry lost of quarters. .25 For each 15 min. If you do what the simple response says you WILL catch the fish you are looking for.

Good luck and tight lines.
    Last edited by LBSea; 08-04-2011 at 12:39 PM.