Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is an old timer pulling my leg about smoking a fillet this way.

soaking corn in husk in saltwater the bbqing it with husk still on is great tastes awesome. they call me the elote man, little mayo sometimes and seasoned salt or red pepper

I make elote all the time, but I never soak it in salt water. I use a little bit of beer, water, and a some ceyyenne pepper powder for flavor.

Whats elote ?

Me too, what is it ?

elote is corn. yes, elote with mayo is good. i use butter, a bit of lime juice, then mayo, and some chili powder. ater that after that i crumble some queso fresco. really good!!!

I apologise in advance, but somebody had to do this...

I've never had any luck smoking fillets. I can't seem to keep them lit.

Quote Originally Posted by TTD Mobile View Post
    I was told by an old co worker that the best way to smoke a fillet is to wrap the fillet in news papers then soak it in water for a couple of hours. Then pull it out of its soak and then build a fire and and stick the wraped up fillet directly on the ambers. then he told me to wait till most of the news paper burns off then the fillet has been smoked. is he pulling my leg or is this true. i dont want to waste a good fillet trying this.
    This is kind of the same deal and look how it takes the skin off. http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-co...spaper-278270/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12