Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***Striper King Classic "Pre-Tournament" Seminar***

Default LAST CHANCE B&T and SOCALFISHN.COM LAST MINUTE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Last minute announcements:

LAST CHANCE B&T IN HEMET- All attendees for the Pre-Tournament Striper Seminar will receive a coupon for a 10% DISCOUNT at their store. Call Megan at Last Chance for details.

SOCALFISHN.COM- FREE STRIPER KING CLASSIC ''LIMITED EDITION" T-SHIRTS for anyone that registers with SOCALFISHN.COM'S website and purchases a SKC ticket. Jeff Walters of Socalfishn.com will announce details at Pre-Tournament Striper Seminar. T-shirts are extremely limited! Contact Jeff at socalfishn.com for details.

Quote Originally Posted by striperkingclassic1 View Post
    Striper King Classic "Pre-Tournament" Striper Seminar is

THIS SATURDAY AT 4-6:00PM AT THE DV VISITORS CENTER

There will be directional signs to guide you to the meeting room.
    Please remember that at 75 anglers, we must close the room due
    to MWD fire code. Plan to come early as finding meeting room will
    take extra time. See you there!
    Ok, I called and made my reservations at Last Chance next week. It's not at Last Chance amnymore it's at the DV visitors center? I'll have to see where that is.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePig View Post
    Ok, I called and made my reservations at Last Chance next week. It's not at Last Chance amnymore it's at the DV visitors center? I'll have to see where that is.
    When you turn right on Searl......is it at the first stop sign on the right? I think I remember seeing signs for it now.

Default Striper Seminar Directions

The Striper King Classic "Pre-Tournament" seminar will be held at:

DIAMOND VALLEY LAKE VISITORS CENTER
    2325 SEARL PARKWAY
    HEMET, CA 92545

* Seminar will start from 4-6:00pm
    * Limited to the first 75 anglers
    * Plan to arrive early to find room
    * Will have directional signs posted

Default Seminar specific location

Everybody knows the DVL Visitors Center is a little difficult to find. Yesterday, I checked out the location of our meeting room. Our seminar location actually is in the DVL ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE BUILDING. Here's the best way to find it:

DVL Administrative Office location
    1. From Domenigoni Pkwy, make RIGHT onto Searl Pkwy driving in from the west.
    2. At first STOP SIGN, make a RIGHT, proceed into parking lot.
    3. Follow STRIPER KING CLASSIC DIRECTIONAL SIGNS to DVL Admin. Offices.

that was a very good seminar! anyone who wants to know little more about striper fishing at dvl should have gone!! your loss, my gain!

Default "Sold Out" Striper Seminar

I wanted to thank everyone who attended yesterday's SKC "Pre-Tournament" striper seminar. We had a fantastic "sold out" attendance from some really nice people. Appreciate the extremely knowledgeable Mr. Gregg Silks, Jeff Walters and Vince for all of your support. Here's a few pictures and comments:

Jeff Walters, from socalfishn.com, discussing his special SKC promotion.............

Gregg Silks, at info@inlandguideservice.com, pointing out some striper fishing "secrets" for the tournament. Those of you that were there know what I'm talkiing about and were extremely lucky to get this information..............

Audience was "glued" to every word that Gregg was saying. Several members of the audience were taking notes for the tournament.............

Bruce and Chris were extremely helpful in setting up the event. Many thanks, as the overflow crowd started coming 45 minutes prior to start time!.............

One of Gregg's insightful tips is, "If you've got too much memory in your line, stretch it out in your backyard. If your garage door is 10 yards wide, stretch the line 10 times the size of it and you'll see the difference it makes!". What a great tip...........

Barry,
    Thanks again for facilitating this seminar, what a great turn out about 55+ fisherman and ladies. Another awesome seminar conducted by Greg.
    Some topics of discussion:
    Trolling speed,Water Temp, Using Bait, Various Rigs, Striper Population, Spoons, Down rigging, Leadcore, Big Baits(Z-plug of course),
    Flies, Lure retrieving, stacking, line releases, Identifying water levels, umbrella rigs, fishing line, shad, and alot of other funny stuff not related to fishing! It was a fun seminar. Now I got get out to the big body of water and try a few of his recommendations. Look forward to seeing what Greg will be bringing in at the Striper Derby....See you'll out on the water it was nice meeting some of the FNNers at the seminar.

R,
    Vince

Default From the Tournament Director

To Vince- It was great to meet & greet everyone at the striper seminar. Everyone was so focused on all of the information that was given out this past Saturday. I could kind of tell that they were writing down notes that they could apply them for the upcoming tournament.

It should definitely be a very competitive tournament with lots of very talented anglers. Thanks again for all of your help. See you on the water, hopefully using some of Gregg's fantastic techniques!

Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12