Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TJ's garage sale thread

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    after Whitney maybe next year I'm going PCT.
    I have to do it. I'll be like sasquach when I come out. City dad will be waiting for me at the top.

You da man if you can handle time in the backwoods! I remember doing it as a kid.
    The hardest part is keeping showered. Have to force yourself to jump in the lakes every day.
    We don't need no stinking civilization accept for Taco Bell when you come out of the high country.
    Get home, always wanna go back.

C'mon guys just heard some 9y/o is gonna climb Whitney in the news the other day.
    Heading out to San gorgonio this weekend for a shot half way up the mountain or so. We'll see how it goes.
    Skyler warped a new flyrod we wanna play with and I haven't any fish on my new psycho-dallic spinning rod.
    Hey I didn't realize there was any backpackers on here & I would LOVE to do Mt Whitney it's still on my list. Where are you located? If you are seriously considering the PCT trail next year that would be cool too. I don't know anyone who can take that much time off or like you said can handle the back country for extended periods of time. I can go 4-5 days without shower no prob if there is no water source readily available. Always looking for new hiking partners ect.

I just got the bill for the two person reservation on my credit card today.
    It's official. I'll be making a shot at it, if there is no snow covering my boots.
    We have a day and a half to get up and a day and a half to get down. (might be able to add on if they don't care)
    So far nobody is in for sure.

One thing, I don't want to have to drag anyone up either. lol
    If you for some reason can't make it, you need to be competant enough to pitch your tent (no pun intended) right there on the spot and set up camp until I get back, or you'll have to hike down to your vehicle without me. I'm going for it. I may not be able to make it up either, who knows. haha
    Anything can happen. As long as you're game for that and still around by then, you can go.

If I have water with me I'm 90% sure I can make it right up the hill no matter how crazy it is. Just a matter of pacing yourself and keeping your breath. I do crazy trout hikes all the time too so I'm used to this.

It's even possible people can add on to this day also! Make sure you guys get with me nice and early to line it up.

I have to at least say I tried to tackle the highest mountain in the USA before. Specially since it's right there in our back yard. I've been to 12000' with 40lbs of gear on my back and I can go higher.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-29-2011 at 01:12 PM.

pic of carrot stick?

Pic of stick.
    Only real rash on it is the bottom metal piece that comes off to adjust the weight for your reel/balance.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-29-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Lets see a pic of this trans table TJ.

That is a smokin deal on those Tama drums (snaredrum looks like a DW pacific to me). If I didnt already have a maple dining room table made by Pearl, I rekon I would take those off your hands.

And since you are into CDs where are all the crates of records you are selling? I know you dont need/want them. lol

The trany table is extremely dusty and dirty but it will clean up very nice.
    It is a very functional table that catches leaking oils. The feet are adjustable height so the table can be leveled out.

It's no joke, a real trany rebuilding table.
    Again, it needs to be cleaned but it's a great table and not rusty. Needs to be oiled up like a machine.
    Maybe even a touch of rustoleum rattle can paint to seal it up.

It has the channels welded on to catch oil

Here's the adjustable height feet.

A VERY VERY solid table for a machinist or a mechanic or whatever. A great shop table for the garage too.
    Very heavy and sturdy. You're gonna need a long bed to pick this up or a flat bed.

I have no vinyl. That was before my time, you guys are old. I began life in the 80's... right when CD's made the scene.
    I was playing the drums today. They sound great! Somebody come take them for $200 before I change my mind. They're totally worth that. They just need to be cleaned up and tuned up and a piece of hardware repaired on the TOM.
    Good garage kit, don't have to worry about thrashing them around a bit.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-30-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Last night I fixed a broken Motorola Droid X screen for a friend for $50. ($40 for parts, $10 for my services)
    Another friend told me they paid $120 to have their droid screen replaced.

I have done Apple Iphone screen repairs as well.

If you guys have tough smartphone repairs, bring them to me and I'll save you money.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-30-2011 at 02:35 PM.

That is a nice table TJ. Can I bother you to put a tape measure on it and tell me how long - tall - and deep it is? It looks like it might be a bit long for my shop but I know a few gearheads who might need something like that. Thanks.

Somebody is coming over to my house tonight that might be interested in that drumset. I will show him this thread.

Also, I have hundereds of records and im only 31.

I just noticed the gun lock. So I have to ask.

Where are all the guns / ammo for sale.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast